Chapter 30 - We Can Make Forever After All;

Everything I thought I knew was now pulled up from right under me, as my ex girlfriend stood at my front door step.

"What, no hug?" She asked with a smile.

I felt immediately obligated and leaned forward to give her a hug, before inviting her in.

"Hi, Alex." I immediately glanced over at Alex when hearing Hayley say his name.

"Hey," was all Alex said, before darting his eyes at me. "Jack, can we talk?" I nodded in agreement and followed him into the kitchen.

I was mentally preparing myself for the worst, but once alone, Alex turned to me and started brawling out of nowhere. I immediately like a mother would to her own child, wrapped him up in my arms to try and calm him down.

"It's okay, Lex."

"No, it's not!" He pulled back slightly, but still in my embrace.

"Of course, it is because I love you," I raised his head up to make eye contact with me.

"I love you too, and I don't want to lose you. I can't..." He collapsed into my chest crying even harder.

"And you won't," I tried convincing him further, as I continued to keep him in my arms.
There's nothing I hate more than witnessing a loved one crying out in despair - especially my Alex. He's been through enough already, we both have.

Alex had finally calmed down enough to kiss me. As soon as he pressed his lips to mine, I could taste his salty tears and all the emotions that brought them,"I'm sorry I freaked."

"No, I understand completely. I'd rather die than be not yours again. You are my everything," I admitted proudly. Alex smiled widely, kissing me once more.

"I love you," was all he said, and that's all it took for me to make my decision to finally cut Hayley out of my life for good.