Chapter 7 - "You Know I'm Never Gonna Let You Go"

Jack's P.O.V.

So this morning was basically the same routine, Alex and I hopped on his car and headed for Starbucks (I had to beg him though, as usual), then after that straight to school.

We were actually early and school hadn't started yet, we still had thirty minutes before class officially started, but Alex and I decided it'd be best if we just go inside and get our books and things ready for our classes beforehand.

"So, you gonna tell me why you're friends with Sierra and Oli?" Alex said smoothly as he closed his locker.

"I'm not friends with them ok! And why do you even care if I am or not anyways?!" I spat.

Alex didn't look surprised, he was probably excepting me to snap at him.

"I'm just looking out for my little brother, that's all dude." Alex smiled sweetly, which caused me to feel bad, but little brother? Are you fucking serious?!

"Lex. I don't appreciate being called YOUR little brother."

"Fine, ok. Just brother then."

"No, no, no! Not even just brother."

"Jack, you've always been my brother." Alex looked confused.

"No. We are friends." I stated.

"Yes, but you're like my brother."

"I just... don't like being called your brother ok!" Alex looked shocked, I shocked myself with the words that had just spilled out of my mouth.

"I-I mean, don't get me wrong Lex. I-I... I just..."

"Whatever Jack. I think we're done here. I forgot something on the car." Alex ended quickly before storming back out to the schools parking lot.

Looking down in my own shame, I didn't mean for it to come out the it did or sounded, my goal wasn't to hurt Alex, the only goal in this was to let him know I don't like being called his brother, let alone his little brother, it's not because I'm ashamed of Alex or being called his brother, it's just... since I now know that I have feelings for him, it's just weird.

Alex's P.O.V.

What the fuck is Jack's problem lately?! I know he's having a rough time getting over his ex and all, but come on, does he always have to be sucha jerk to me all the fucking time! I did nothing to him for fucks sake, I thought as I slammed the car door.

"Whoa, calm down tiger." I turned around to see Sierra.

"You." I said in utter surprise.

"And you." She giggled lightly.

"What do you want?"

"Ouch, Alex. Is that how you talk to all your ex-girlfriends?"

Jordan's P.O.V.

"Thanks for giving me a ride Chris."

"No problem dude." Christofer smiled as he pulled out of my parent's driveway.

The drive to school was pretty awkward, it was silent and just so uncomfortable, how could he just pretend that nothing happened last night? I don't get it, was it that easy for him to forget about me?

"Are we gonna talk about what happened last night?" I said hoping he'd know.

"What do you mean J?" He asked focusing his eyes more on the road.

"You know what I mean Chris."

"No, I don't."

"Yes you do." I looked at him, he knew. He just didn't want to talk about it.