35: Maybe Perfect

Start from the beginning

I chuckled quickly and nodded. “Yea I can help you with that, but I don’t know, wouldn’t it be a good idea for you to pay attention when the teachers explaining the lesson.” I suggested teasingly.

Jett rolled his eyes. “My mind was a little too occupied on my girlfriend during the lesson so I couldn’t really pay attention Soph.” he replied sweetly.

Even though his reply was completely cheesy, my cheeks heated up as a blush sprouted. “Oh really, is she pretty?” I asked sarcastically, going along with the joking mood we seemed to be in.

Jett stopped me in the middle of the hall near the entrance of the school and stared down at me with a serious look in his eyes. “She’s absolutely beautiful.” he said before bringing his lips down onto mine in a chaste kiss.

As he pulled away, my blush seemed to deepen as I smiled up at my lovely boyfriend. “Thanks, you’re not too bad yourself.” I replied before bumping my hip with his. “But start paying attention in class.” I finished and he chuckled.

Luckily, not a lot of people were wandering the halls as the buses had already left and most of the seniors had already left for the day because I wasn’t a huge fan of being the centre of attention.

Jett took my hand in his again as we exited the school building and headed towards my car which was parked near the west side of the parking lot.

“You know, opening the driver’s door for a girl feels like taking away some pride from my manhood.” Jett stated as he opened my door for me.

I rolled my eyes as I entered the car, sitting down in the driver’s seat and throwing my bag into the back seat. “Just get in the other side before I drive away without you.” I said, shutting my door abruptly.

Through my slightly frosted window I could see Jett shake his head in an amused manor before walking around to the other side of the car and getting buckled up. I turned on the engine, pulling out of the parking lot and getting on the familiar road that headed towards Jett’s house.

“So, do your parents know we’re together?” I asked, turning my head sideways for a second before focusing my attention back onto the road.

Jett shrugged and replied. “I mean, they suspect we’re together but I haven’t outright told them that you were my girlfriend if that makes sense.”

I nodded, putting on my blinker as I turned onto Jett’s street. “Yea, so are we telling them together so do you want to do that alone?” I asked curiously.