They never stay mad long.

"Your Portal shard works the way it does because it's a piece of a Portal from another dimension." Meliorn states, quickly bringing me back to the topic at hand. "If you can find the only Portal still standing in that dimension, it will take you to your father."

" Another dimension?" I ask in disbelief, noticing that Clary and Jace looked just as confused as I did. Meliorn nods, not disputing the fact and not bothering to go too in to detail either, something I was glad for, since I probably wouldn't have understood anything he would say.

Newbie Shadowhunter and all that.

"How is it possible that the Clave doesn't know about your dimensional doorways?" Jace interrogates, seemingly suspicious of how something as big as this could go undetected.

I hated to think what the Clave would do with something this powerful at their disposal.

"They are our most guarded secret. We are their protectors. Only Seelie's know of their existence" Meliorn explains, moving closer to a centred area of the forest, two large and sky scrapping oak trees stood firmly in the middle, a fair distance apart.

"And yet, here you are exposing that secret to three Shadowhunter's..." I say poignantly, "You could see why we're a little sceptical, right?"

"I owe you a life debt, and I don't like being indebted to anyone." He enlightens, a more serious and formal tone to him, though I could understand why.

I don't think I would want to owe anyone anything that big either.

"What would happen if–"

" If the Seelie Queen finds out I've shared this with you?" He asks, looking at Clary "I could be executed."

"Well, we'll be extra careful then." Jace states, though not very convincingly.

He really needs to let the drama go.

So what if he's boning Izzy, let a guy live.

"There's no "we" in this scenario. Only Clary and Cam will go in to find the Portal. My debt is to them." He declares, a harshness and complete distrust evident in his tone, and even if Seelie's could lie, I could tell that he wasn't.

"You've given us no reason to trust you, Seelie." Jace jeers, making Clary huff out, probably sick of the seemingly never ending cat fight.

"He brought us here." She argues, making me nod in agreement.

"Plus, if by some act of stupidity he does fuck us over, he won't have to worry about the Clave because he'll be too busy worrying about the pain I will inflict" I say matter-of-factly, a charming yet sinister smile on my face, my eyes glued on Meliorn.

He smiles appreciatingly, knowing my threat to be true, and it seems to ease Jace and Clary's mind, both who are now willing to do what we have to.

Seeing that we were all in agreement, Meliorn turns towards the arch and after a moment of silence, and only the howl of the wind and tweets of the birds were heard did he begin to move. I stand, enthralled, as I watch his hand move, a whirlwind of emerald green and jade practically sparkle out of his fingers, his hands leaving a trail of free flowing and living magic behind.

Within moments, within a blink of an eye, a whirlpool of colours stood before me, a door to the next dimension.

"This will establish a connection to the other dimension." Meliorn explains, stepping back and watching as Clary and I investigate, cautiously moving closer, both thrilled and nervous.