Glossary

A TL;DR list of gods, supernatural creatures, etc. mentioned in the book! Hopefully the explanations will be clear enough in the book, but since some descriptions may be spread out through its entirety, I thought a list would be quite useful! If there's anything else you guys would like on here, please let me know. 

**I will update as the book is written. These are not exact definitions as some details are altered for creative purposes, so I would recommend doing your own further research if you want to get the full history! 

 These are not exact definitions as some details are altered for creative purposes, so I would recommend doing your own further research if you want to get the full history! 

Glossary

Ares: God of war and courage in Greek mythology. Known for his ill-temper. Brother and husband to Enyo, father to Enyalius. Often depicted with a spear and shield.

Aspidochelone: A sea monster from Greek mythology described as a large sea turtle with huge spines and ridges on its back that can be mistaken for an island. When sailors would make landfall on to the creatures, not knowing it wasn't an island, they would be drowned and their ship taken with them. For the sake of the book, the creature's size can be changed. Known characters to be an Aspidochelone: Aspi

Enyalius: Son of Ares and Enyo, a minor god of war in Greek mythology. 

Enyo: Goddess of destruction and war in Greek mythology. Sister and wife to Ares, mother to Enyalius.

Eudaemon: In Greek mythology, a type of good spirit or angel (think guardian angels/spirits). Watched over the person they were connected to. Known characters in the book to be a eudaemon: Spyro.

Hephaestus: God of forging, metalworking, volcanoes and fire in Greek mythology. Brother to Ares and Enyo.

Hou-ou: In Japanese belief, the concept of the phoenix was adapted to represent fire and the sun. Characters mentioned to be a Hou-ou: Chiyo

Phoenix: In Greek mythology, a phoenix was a bird that could regenerate and be born again. For the sake of the book, the abilities could be given to someone in human form. Known characters in the book to be a phoenix: Vatra.

Silvanus: Roman god of uncultivated lands and the woods. A protector of the forests.

Wild man: A mythological being in medieval Europe. Depicted as being covered in hair