xix

tw: anxiety

[12:32am]
[november 24]

you tossed and turned all night, thrashing around in your bedsheets. the images of the nightmare you awoken yourself from were engraved in you mind. you looked around the room, remembering where you were.

"tommy," you muttered.

in the night terror, he told you he loved you before he abandoned you, calling you terrible things you never wanted to hear again.

words so hurtful, that you hoped no one ever had to experience hearing them.

you knew the nightmare was fake, but you wanted to go home. it tore you apart hearing those words in his voice.

you got out of bed and walked out to the kitchen. carefully, you pulled a cup out of the left-most cupboard and filled it with water.

leaning on the counter, you took a sip, easing your mind.

it was just a nightmare; not real.

you kept telling yourself this and you slowly started to believe it. as you drank more water, you slowly became more aware of how hard you were gripping the edge of the counter.

after 5 minutes of collecting yourself, you tiptoed back into your room. from behind, you heard clays voice,

"y/n, y/n is that you?" you winced and slowly slid into bed.

"hmph, guess i'm just hearing the wind." clay said as he lumbered back to georges room.

you set the glass on the bedside table, and slowly fell back asleep.

———

you woke up again at 7:34am, unaware of the fact that tommy's phone call woke you up.

you did however notice it when your phone started to vibrate,

"hi tommy."

"hey y/n! what's up?"

"well you-"made me feel worthless in a dream you didn't know i had, "-woke me up."

"oh i'm sorry, i just wanted to know how you slept."

"i slept well. how about you?"

"eh, walter woke me up twice but other than that it was fine. hey do you wanna do something later?"

you heard your room door open, "okayyeahsoundsfuntommyillcallyoubacklaterokaygoodbye!"

"b-" his voice cut out.

"tommy huh," clay walked in.

"uh, yeah. who else would i be talking to."

"i guess you have a point," he sat down on your bed, "so, when were you going to tell me about your nightmare?" he asked.

"um, what nightmare?"

"don't lie."

you sighed, "i'm not lying."