xxi

[10:57am]
[november 28]

the male nurse shook you awake.

"what the hell," you muttered softly.

"wake up, routine check time!"

"listen, i'm not nauseous or dizzy, my pain is a 4/10, 1 being the least amount of pain and 10 being the most. can i please go back to sleep now?"

"listen kid, cut me some slack. you owe me. guess who had to explain to the OLD, uptight, goody-two-shoe nurse why you and your boyfriend were cuddled up on the hospital bed PAST visiting hours? me. i did. and you know why? i've taken a liking to you, obviously not in a creepy stalker way of course. but you remind me a lot of myself as a teenager."

"ugh fine, i guess you're not all that terrible. could you get me apple juice though?" you responded with a smile

the nurse looked down at you with an unamused expression.

"please?" you begged

he mustered a laugh and brought you apple juice.

"there, now stop complaining about the routine checks. you're here for another 5 hours." he said

"i suppose you're right. do you think i could get out earlier?"

"i'm not allowed to decide that, but i can ask the doctor who saw you originally."

"okay thank you, so much."

"yeah," he said as he left the room. you looked down at your gown; yellow stripes.

how do they change my gown without me noticing?

you grabbed your laptop off of the bed stand, and opened netflix. you were just about to watch another episode of Jane the Virgin, when the doctor waltzed into your room.

"good morning ms y/n, how are you feeling?"

"great, can i go home early?" you responded

"well, your tests and random check ups are relatively good, so it couldn't hurt to let you out an hour or so earlier," the doctor stated.

"yes!! thank you!" you exclaimed, you would've hugged the guy, if you could stand on your own.

that reminded you, "wait, doctor? will i need crutches or anything?"

he walked back into the room, "yes, i'll let a nurse know. have your parent/guardian be here for 1pm."

you thanked the doctor as you pulled your phone out, and saw three texts from clay.

Clay🦂

hello, when will i be picking you up?

tommy will also be with us.

hello

ur so clingy🙄
be here at 1

you giggled to yourself as the male nurse walked in with two crutches.

"alright, do you know how to use these bad boys?"

you nodded

"okay, then i'm just gonna leave them here. you can get up and get used to them and adjust them to size if you'd like. just take it easy, you still have some scrapes and bruises."

"thank you," you smiled. you sat up carefully and slid out of the bed, putting most of your weight on the crutches.

"easy does it," you said aloud as you wobbled around the room. after a few minutes of adjusting the heights of the crutches, you began to get the hang out it.