xxiii

[9:30am]
[december 2]

your body filled with dread as the annoying sound of your alarm rang through the room. you grabbed your phone and hastily turned the alarm off. as much as you wanted to go back to sleep and pretend it was all a dream, you couldn't.

before getting up, you pushed your laptop to the side of your bed, and plugged it in. after last nights binge, the battery was a tad bit empty.

with a groan, you threw your legs off the side of your bed and grabbed your crutches. you walked into the bathroom and freshened up, and then you got dressed. today you wore a thick sweater, and simple leggings. it was snowing in the uk, but not hard enough to interfere with clays flight.

walking into the kitchen, you saw clay and george talking about something, but they silenced once you walked in.

"hey guys," you said as you reached into the cupboard for the last poptart.

"hey y/n," clay said with a sadness in his voice, "make sure you're ready, we're leaving in 20 minutes."

"okay, i'll be in my room," you swiftly walked out of the kitchen and into your bedroom. you had 20 minutes until you left and you wanted to make the most of it. so, you started folding your laundry.

20 minutes and a load of laundry later, clay called you out into the living room.

"ready to go?" he asked holding two suitcases.

"as ready as i'll ever be." you said sadly. he patted you on the back before opening the door for you and george.

the car ride there was silent, other than the noise from passing cars and the occasional car horn.

it took half an hour to get to the airport, and in that half hour, you did a lot of empty thinking—thinking with no meaning behind it.

you watched people passing by as george slowly pulled into a parking lot. as the three of you started walking into the airport, the snow came down even heavier.

"do you think your flight will be delayed?" george asked

"as much as i want it to, probably not," clay sighed. "but we should get a move on before we're covered in snow."

you and george agreed as you quickened your pace into the building.

walking into the airport, you noticed it was quite busy. maybe it was just because of the nearing holidays, or because of the snow.

the three of you went through standard airport security, and it took longer than last time. it was really hard for you to go through the metal detector because of your crutches, but you managed to hop your way through it.

afterwards, you continued to make your way to the correct terminal until you heard an announcement over the loud speaker:

"flight number 463 will be delayed until further notice, sorry for the inconvenience."

"clay isn't that your flight?" you asked

he looked at his ticket, "it seems so. i guess we just sit here and wait now?"

"yeah, that's usually how it goes," george chuckled.

the trio walked to a comfortable-looking set of benches, and relaxed for a little bit. as people walked by, you only noticed that the snow was coming down faster and heavier than it was before.

it wasn't until 3:04pm that something interesting
happened.

IMESSAGE:
Tommy💗

you quietly gasped and clicked on the notification.