"Kai dead and the rest injured."

"Kai hospitalised and the rest kidnapped."

Tyson dead, Ray dead, max dead, Tyson injured, Kai injured, Ray injured Max injured,... the combinations only kept increasing, yet no one knew what really happened. Mr Dickenson was unavailable. The mayor was unavailable. No one who was even slightly influential in the beyblading world gave a statement on the issue.

And Alan was worried sick about his friend. Of course, he had his number, a Max was only a phone call away, as he used to jokingly say, but was it true anymore? What if Max was really hurt or worse and his friends picked up the call? They knew him as nothing but a thief, and that was not a good place to start off. And what if Max is alright, but isn't interested to talk with him? What if he had bailed him out only for old times sake and wanted nothing to do with him from now on? The possibilities were endless. 

It was when he was crossing the road that he received a call. It was from an unknown number. Alan frowned but picked up the call anyway, "Hey, who's this?" he asked casually. He didn't receive any answer, must be a prank call, he thought annoyed before deciding to cut the call. It was then that he heard the sobs and realised that it was a call from Japan."

His guts tightened with dread, "Maxy, is that you?" he shouted. He also came in the way of a car too, getting a earful of slurs for not paying attention while road crossing. 

The sounds of horns blaring, slurs and Alan apologizing got enough of Max's attention to stop crying. "Alan, are you on the call? Where are you? And what was happening back there?" he asked concerned. Alan's heart was beating hard due to the car freight. Yet he brushed it of. "Nothing serious... Are you all right? What of the other boys? What happened at the show really?" he asked collecting himself. 

Max gave a watery laugh. "You know, the usual, a few press conferences, a few shot outs,  fewer attacks and a lot of anxiety." he sarcastically replied.  "Max, I'm being serious." Alan pointed out seriously. "And are you crying? " he further added, on realising Max's tone. 

Max didn't need much prompting afterwards. Alan tried staying strong for Max, but he couldn't help but feel thoroughly shocked after every major situation." He was at a loss of words when Max completed. "So, how are you dating there? " he finally asked. 

"To the world, we're fine. Nothing to panic guys. We're all there for each other. We're constantly keeping an eye on Kai, etc, etc. But in truth, all of us feel just so exhausted Alan. Probably we are all waiting for one of us to break down. All of us are just being too stubborn to show weakness first. Kai seems to have finally rubbed in on us too." he said laughing. Alan found it hard to imagine sweet Max to be so emotionally unavailable as Kai, he had to smile at that thought. 

A few minutes passed before Max started again "I'm sorry I burdened you with all of this... Calling you was a spur of the moment." "I'm glad you did it Max, I wasn't sure where we stood in each others' life, given our recent.. meet. But we don't have to talk about it now. Sometime later, maybe when things settle down." he suggested. "Yeah, sometime later would be great. Bye now." he said before disconnecting the call. 

After seeing the interview Max talked about at a nearby eloctronics showroom, he went back to his room. He seems to have lost his appetite along the story. His work load was catching up to him lately, yet he felt like a huge burden had been lifted off him. He freshened up and crashed on the couch, after making sure his roommate had a key of his own. The dreams he had were sweeter than usual. 

******

"Hey Ty. Wake up." whispered someone in Tyson's ear, shaking him slightly. Tyson groaned as he lifted his head from the bed. His back was aching after sleeping on a chair for two days continuously. It was Susie. And it was on seeing her did all his memories of the night before come back to him like a jolt. 

How Things Changed Forever...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें