𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"wow. i knew you guys were going to get back together." i'm so happy right now. "yeah yeah. we're all excited." i can see he's not trying to make a big deal out of it. he's holding in his smile though. "i've always wondered why our divorce hurt you more than it hurt us. i understand you were a kid but-"

"because you guys made me believe in love. you were high school sweethearts! soulmates! you were meant to be together! i've always wanted something like that. then all of a sudden you just don't love each other anymore and break up! it made no sense." i explain.

"i guess you're older now. your mother wanted the divorce. she said she wasn't happy and it was a personal thing so she wanted to leave. to do what was best for her at the time. she was going through a lot back then. kind of like you."

i nod. so she just wanted to find who she was.

"you didn't have to give her shit for it though. you were pretty harsh." my dad says then covers his mouth. "oops. my bad, you didn't hear that baby."

i look at her. "okay." she laughs. "go color, i'll be up in a minute." i put her down and she gives me my phone before running off.

"i was seventeen and angry. plus you both lied to noah and i for months." i put my phone in my pocket. "now you're twenty and angry." he grins. "i am not mad at mom. we made up... and i had every right to be mad at her." i go into the fridge and pour me something to drink.

"okay bear." he goes to the pantry.

i close the fridge then take a sip of my drink. i look around. "any plans for the rest of the day?" he asks. "the girls are coming over in like an hour." i look through my phone. "which ones?" he washes his hands. "the moms." i smile.

madeline comes downstairs and goes to her little table with her crayons and coloring book. "you know out of all your friends, i always thought riley would get pregnant first." he laughs. "don't tell her that." i bite the inside of my cheek scrolling on pinterest. i look for more party decorations ideas.

"quesadilla?" he goes into the fridge. "sure. bug, you want a quesadilla?" i ask. "yes."

"three quesadillas it is."

☀︎☀︎☀︎

"welcome, welcome." i say letting them in. "it smells good in here." sam says. "it smells like someone tried to cover up the smell of quesadillas with a pumpkin candle." lauryn points at the candle i lit thirty minutes ago. "you know me so well." i'm sarcastic.

we sit in the living room. "hi zoë, ella and jacob." i say hi to them as they run past and go straight to maddy. all three of them say hi and they all go upstairs. madeline was the youngest one out of all of them. zoë and ella were 4 years old and jacob was 5. i myself was the youngest out of the moms. they were all two or three years older than me.

"finally, i can relax. jacob literally had a fit because i wouldn't buy him this stupid minecraft thing that was on tv." sam sighs. i laugh. "tell him you'll get it for him for christmas. that always works." connie says. "they always remember, trust me."
lauryn rolls her eyes.

i just laugh. maddy doesn't really ask for a lot.

"so update us. you still off the rails?" sam says and the attention is on me. "absolutely," they aren't even phased by my sarcatic ass. "no, seriously i'm fine. maddy's birthday is coming up then there's greece. plus my parents got back together apparently."

"loved the invitation, it was the cutest." lauryn puts her hand over her heart. they all agree. "greece? she finally listened to us guys!" sam covers her mouth. they all clap.

oh my god i hate them. "whatever. yes we're going on the nineteenth." i sit back. "i'm so happy for you! you finally get to get the break you deserve." connies face is full of joy.

"yeah this will be good for you." sam adds. "thanks. i'm hoping." i smile. i'm content with myself right now.

"wait who are you bringing to greece with you?" sam asks. "what do you mean?" i'm confused. "who's coming with you?" she adds. "originally it was just me and maddy but my parents are also going." i say. "and?" lauryn gestures. and?

"what do you mean and?" i'm so confused. "parker? mason? who's going with you?" connie asks making me blank out.

"i- i wasn't thinking of them." i look around. was i supposed to?

"who would you pick?"

i furrow my brows. "pick? you want me to pick?" i say so confused. so i'm a teenager again picking which boy i want?

"well no i guess we assumed you would bring one of them." i sit back and think. mason or parker. one of them to come with us.

when they leave, i give maddy a bubble bath then i read her a book to sleep. when she's knocked out, i sneak to my room. the thought has been on my mind ever since.

if i brought parker what would that mean for us? would he think i'm trying to rekindle something? could we?

if i brought mason as a friend, we could have a good time together or would it be awkward?

oh god.