ETG | ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

MONDAY

Monday morning, you woke up to the unpleasant sound of your alarm. Normal people would wake up feeling fresh, but not you.

You got down from the bed, stretching out your body and headed to the bathroom mindlessly. The moment you switched the light on, you let out a snort seeing that scary reflection of yours in the mirror.

"Now that's a refreshing look. I hope I don't scare the kids away."

After a quick shower and changed into a comfortable decent outfit, you tied your hair into a bun. No foundation on. The only makeup you ever wear that day were eyebrows and mascara. And visible peach colored lipbalm for your chapped lips.

"Alright! Let's get this over with."

After making sure every electronics switched off, you locked the door and then put the keys in your bag. You greeted one of the residences there as they on their way to work.

'A new beginning for me today, but it's just another ordinary busy day for other people.'

The weather was pretty chilly that you shivered a bit as soon as you walked through the entrance. You hoped that the weather will starting to get warm later.

You hopped on a taxi you pulled and lost in the clouds of your thoughts on your way to work. Thankfully the driver didn't bother to start a conversation or questioning you a lot of things like any other drivers would.

You kept wondering what's going to happen when you get there, how's the atmosphere gonna be and how are you going to be greeted by your soon-to-be colleagues.

You can't help but to worry a bit about the children's behavior since you still not yet familiar with the people in the city. From what you heard from your old friend's mom, the people of the city can be quite rude and not to mention arrogant as well.

All you can do for now is to hope that at least there'll be one single soul who is kind enough to help you to deal with any sorts of problems.

Your daydreaming stopped as the driver began to slow down the taxi. You finally arrived at your new workplace.

"Thank you and have a nice day!"

You thanked the driver soon after you paid him. The taxi was no longer around the school compound, left only you standing like a statue in front of the whole school.

"Alright. You got this, Y/N." You nodded with full determination, gathered all your courage and start walking your way towards the first building right in front of you.

You awkwardly followed one of the school's staff as she assisted you to the principal's office. Of course, being new to the school would draw attention from the people around you.

You noticed a group of teachers at the corner who averted their eyes at you began whispering among themselves while glancing at you. It made you really uncomfortable, holding in the urge to ask the staff to walk a bit faster.

Of course, there's no way it is possible. 'I need to endure this.'

Thank goodness you finally stood in front of the principal's office. You felt relief not because you arrived, but because there were fewer people there.

You stood there like an obedient person, patiently waiting for the staff who assisted you earlier to finish talking with whoever inside the office. Then it's your cue to walk in.

"May I come in?" You politely asked although you are allowed to enter.

"Yes. Have a seat, Miss Y/N."

You nodded and took a seat. You slightly panicked when the staff excused herself, leaving you and the principal alone.

"So, first off, welcome to our school."

"Thank you, Mr Jun." You smiled a little.

"What do you think of our school so far?" He asked.

You kept your smile on even though that question sounds a bit absurd to you. "It's a really beautiful. But everything feels new to me, so I'm not really familiar with the surroundings. Therefore I can't wait to get to know more about this school."

'I don't intend to lie but those teachers with their judging behavior made me.'

The short briefing went smoother than expected. The principal was such a nice person, but somehow the way he speaks doesn't sit right to you.

Finally you are excused and assisted by the same staff to your own desk. You were excited as you have been looking forward to organize your things on your desk.

"Sorry, it's a bit dusty."

"No it's okay. I'll take it from here. Thank you so much." You thanked the staff and put down your bag. According to your schedule, your first lesson starting today, but the principal gave you permission to start on the next day for you to get familiar with the school.

"I can't believe it. I'm officially a teacher now." You smiled.

"Hello."

"Huh?!" That sudden greet somehow startled you. You flushed as you ruined the first impression. "Ah I'm sorry I didn't see you there."

"Don't be." She laughed a little. "You're smiling at your empty desk lovingly that I assume you must feel very happy considering it's your first day here."

You felt your face getting hotter. "I... heh..."

She laughed again. "Sorry I didn't mean to make you anxious. Welcome to our school, miss. I'm Jean."

You took her hand for a handshake. "I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you, Miss Jean."

"Nice to meet you too. If you ever need help, I'm two desks away from yours."

You nodded. "I will. Thank you though."

"No problem. I wish I can show you around but I have to leave for History lesson with my class now. Let's meet up again during break time later."

"Oh okay. It's fine. Happy teaching!" You waved at her and parted ways.

'My very first friend! I'm doing great so far!' You clasped your hands to your chest. 'Right. I'll definitely ask her to be my tour guide later on.'

Some of the teachers approached you as they welcomed you like how Jean did, and some even just walked past you as if you were invisible to their eyes. Of course, it doesn't concern you as you didn't plan to expand your circle of social interaction.

'There are people who are nice and people who are don't. That's normal.' You shrugged.

You decided to walk around the school, familiarize yourself with the place you're about to work for the rest of your days. You can hear clearly the voice of the pupils shouting here and there from the classes you passing by.

Your short tour stopped in front of a huge building, quite isolated from the school compound. Turns out it was the school gym as you saw a group of pupils outside of the hall in their PE outfit.

You decided to take a break for a while and buy a cold drink from the vending machine nearby. You panicked a little when you heard someone laughing out loud from your right side, which you trying so hard not to pay attention.

Still ignoring your surrounding, you took the cold drink you bought and sat on a bench further from the hall entrance.

It was so peaceful and quiet, until...

"Hey, aren't you that little girl who lives next door to Jungkook??"

Your eyes widened. You looked up and awfully choked on your drink.

'This guy?! What was his name again??? Oh!'

With a messy face and a cracked voice, you shout,

"JIN???"