13 : Jaden x Mads

Mads' POV

Oh my god ! It's not possible, it can't be possible ! I take my phone and call Addison urgently.

"Mads ?"

"Addi, I need your help"

"Slowly. What happened ?"

"I can't explain it to you on the phone but I need you to come to my place very quickly"

"Why ?"

"You'll see"

I hang up and look again at the stick in my hands. How could this have happened ? We had always used a protection and I was on the pill.

I still wait like that for a few minutes before hearing someone knock on the door. I go to open it and see Addison completely out of breath.

"Okay now that I'm here, what happened ?"

I don't anser but rush into her arms and cry. She tries to calm me down and after having succeeded, we come in and sit on the sofa.

"Mads, now you're gonna tell me why you are like that, okay ?"

"I haven't been feeling well for several days so a while ago after Jaden left for the studio I went to the pharmacy to buy myself a test and it turned out to be positive. I'm pregnant."

"Wait, what ?"

"I'm pregnant"

"How come ? I thought you were on the pill."

"I had quit a month ago but we had used a protection that night"

"Are you sure ?" 

"I think so"

"When was the last time you had sex ?"

"Addi it's very embarrassing to talk about it" I bury my head in her stomach and she laughs.

"Mads, I'm your best friend and I know everything about your life. You know very well that you can tell me."

"It was at Cynthia's party"

"But Mads, you were drunk at this party, both of you"

"What do you mean ?" I ask, suddenly worried.

"You had too many drinks and so did he and after that we didn't see you all night. Now I understand everything."

Oh no ! If we were drunk, surely we didn't have to be careful and take protection.

"Addi, how am I going to do it ? He doesn't want to have children, not at that age, I know that. He wants to focus on his music. I can't ruin this for him, I have to give him his freedom and go."

"What ? Mads, you can't do that."

"Yes, I can"

"Why ?"

"Because he deserve to be happy. Addi, he deserve the world."

She's still trying to get me to change my mind but I know I'm right and she knows it. He never took anything seriously. It took two years for our relationship to be serious so try to imagine how long it will take for him to think about having children with me one day. 

"Okay euh Mads I need to do something but I'll call you later, okay ?"

"Sure"

Addison's POV

I can't let this happen. They are happy together and they deserve to be. I arrive at Jaden's and ring the bell. He arrives shortly after and opens the door for me.

"Hey Addi, what's up ?"

"I need to tell you something important" 

He lets me in and we sit on the sofa.

"Okay what do you want to talk to me about ?"

"It's Mads"

"Okay and what is it ?"

"Do you love her ?"

"Of course I do, I love her so much that I can't explain how I feel"

"Can you promise me something ?"

"Sure"

"Promise me not to leave her no matter what happens"

"Addi, why do you ask me these questions ?"

"Because as I say, I need to tell you something very important"

"What is it ? Addison, you're starting to scare me."

I know Mads is probably going to hate me for life for what I'm about to do but I have no choice.

Jaden's POV

"Jaden, Mads is pregnant"

"What ?"

"She's pregnant and she needs you. She thinks you don't want this child and she wants to leave town."

"When ?" I ask in a hurry.

"Tonight"

"Listen, I have to go"

"I know, go see her. Hurry before it's too late."

I open the door and walk out but turn around and look at Addison.

"Thanks Addi"

"You're welcome. But I warn you if you made her or the baby suffer, you have my word as godmother that I will do anything to find you and kill you."

I smile and run off to Mads' apartment, hoping it's not too late.

Mads' POV

I pack my suitcase and take pictures of all my friends ; Addison, Cynthia, Kelianne, Tayler, Josh, Bryce, Quinton and of course a photo of Jaden and I on our first date. I close it and when I open the apartment door to exit, I see Jaden.

"What are you doing here ?" I ask surprise.

"I need to talk to you"

"Sorry but I can't. I need to go somewhere."

"Mads, please, just a minute"

"I really can't"

"I know you're pregnant !" he screams and I turn around.

"What ?"

"Addison told me. How could you have thought for a single second that I didn't want this child ?" 

"Cause you were so focused on your music and I don't want you to let it all fall for me"

"Mads I love you more than anything in the world. You will always be my priority and this child will be. There is no way I will let you go through this pregnancy on your own."

"Promise ?"

"I promise"

Time skip of one year

That's it, I'm a mother. Our child, who turns out to be a girl, was born three months ago. Her name is Amy Riley Hossler and she's just the cutest thing in the world. Jaden kept his promise and supported me throughout the pregnancy. Honestly, I think the birth of Amy changed him, he became more mature, more protective and above all I have never seen him smile so much at someone.

I can't imagine what would have happened if I had left L.A. and I don't want to imagine it. I will always be grateful to Addison for being so stubborn.