10 : Noah x Dixie

I was sitting quietly on the couch looking at my phone when I heard someone knock on the door. It's weird, I'm not expecting anyone. I get up and go to open the door. I find Dixie, her face stained with tears and her clothes all wet, shaking.

"Dixie ?"

"Hey" she manages to articulate.

I approach, take her in my arms and she collapses. I try the best I can to calm her down and after a few minutes I finally get there. I bring her in and put her on the sofa.

"Stay here I'll get you some dry clothes" she doesn't speak and just nods. I go to my room and grab a gray sweatshirt and black joggings pants from her. I return to the living room and hand her the clothes. She goes to change and comes back to sit in front of me.

"Thanks"

"Dixie, what happened ?" I ask and I see tears forming in her eyes but she holds them back. She takes a deep breath and goes for it.

"I was on Instagram when I saw a lot of people tagged me in the comments of a photo so I looked at it and in the photo there was Griffin and another girl kissing on the beach. I didn't know how to react or where to go so I came here. I'm so sorry to bother you, you probably have some things to do so I better go." she starts to get up but I stop her.

"Dixie, you don't bother me at all, make yourself at home. I just have to go do something but I will be back soon."

I go out, take my phone and dial a number.

"Allo ?"

"Hey Griff. Where are you now ?"

"At the Sway, why ?"

"I would need to see you about something very urgent"

"Okay so see you later"

"Yeah"

I take my car and go to the Sway. I don't think Griffin is expecting what will happen to him.

Time skip

I go out, walk forward and knock on the door violently. I hear footsteps and, to my surprise, a girl opens the door for me.

"Euh who are you ?" I ask.

"Oh, I'm Griffin's girlfriend" My eyes widen in surprise.

"Sorry ?"

"I'm Griffin's girlfriend"

I don't give her time to give me another explanation as I push her and go inside. Anger begins to take hold of me but I hold back, I think of Dixie and I hold back. I see Griffin, sitting on the couch.

"Hey Noah"

"Who's that girl at the door that tell me she was your girlfriend"

"Oh it's Eva. Why ?"

"Why ? You really ask me that ? Because you're dating Dixie idiot !"

"Not anymore"

This time, I can't control myself and I take him by the neck and push him against the wall.

"What the hell are you doing ?"

"How can you di that to her ?! She loved you and you broke her !"

"What can it do to you ?" he manages to say despite my hand around his neck.

"It can do to me that Dixie is an amazing person and doesn't deserve to date you !"

I punch him in the jaw and storm off the Sway.

Time skip

I open the door to my apartment and find Dixie, lying on the couch, sleeping. I take her gently in my arms and lead her to my room. I put her on the bed but she wakes up slowly.

"Noah ?"

"Hey"

"What happened ? Why there is blood on your hand ?"

I look at my hand and indeed there is a little blood on it.

"Don't worry, it's nothing serious. I just punched him in the jaw, it's okay."

"So he's dating her, isn't he ?"

"Dixie, I'm so sorry"

"It's okay" she lowers her head, but I slowly pull it up to her so that she can look at me.

"Dixie, it's gonna be okay. I will help you. I will always be there for you." 

I kiss her tenderly on the forehead and lie down next to her. She rests her head on my chest and I wrap my arms around her waist.

Believe me, I will protect her until I die.

~~~

I'm really sorry for my long absence but between revisions and homework I didn't have time to write. But now I'm back. During the holidays there will be between two to maybe three chapters by week and during school time it will be one chapter on Wednesday and one chapter on Saturday.

Still very sorry for my absence.