The Next Day

Lena

When I finally opened my eyes, I was in a cozy warm bed. I smelled breakfast cooking but to my knowledge I wasn't home. There were beautiful pictures on the dresser, some on the walls including some elegant painting that I never recognized before.

As soon as I went to ease off the bed, the room door crept open and a beautiful dog came to greet me. He came by the bed and rested his head on my legs.

"Hello beautiful." I said.

He looked at me and the dog had beautiful eyes, he whimpered a little bit. He knew I was in some pain because he stayed there for awhile until I heard a sweet voice coming from the stairs.

"Skipper! Here boy! Now, where did you go?" He said.

He stayed there in my lap until the door opened further and in walked Mr. Sweet face.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"There you are!" He said, "I'm sorry, Ms Lena. One minute he was right behind me and next minute he left me hanging!" He said.

"Haha. It's okay! I like him already!" I said looking at him.

"Well, I hope he wasn't too much trouble." He said.

"No, he caught me red handed, trying to get off this bed. He's such a sweetheart!" I said rubbing his head.

Michael walked over to us and sat on the bed. He touched my back lightly as I looked at him, I could see the hurt in his eyes.

"He's a good dog. And he's very protective." He said, "Lena, I hope you didn't mind but I didn't see you for awhile and I thought that I would come by to check on you but I wasn't expecting the right scenery." He said.

"Eh yeah, I don't remember much, but I do remember some parts, just not everything. And when I slept, I heard a sweet voice like an angel, saying that 'Everything was going to be okay' and I woke up." I said.

"Um, can I ask you something? If I may?" He asked.

I looked back up to him and I knew what he wanted to ask right away.

"Sure, anything!" I said.

He grabs my hand gently and caresses it. He hesitated a little bit but he then took a soft breath and asked anyway.

"Can you tell me what you remember? I live alone, so this goes no where." He assured me.

I hesitated a little bit and I looked down, I wanted to tell him every thing from the beginning but I think I'm moving too fast and I keep second guessing myself.

'What if he didn't want to hear me out? I thought or What if he whined up going to the police behind my back?'

I took a slow breath. I knew it was that time to let him know because he was too good of a man to me than my own husband and I really like him so much.