74. Dreams and Reality

Start from the beginning

I shook my head.

Nah.

Predicting the future is impossible, even in a world where swords and magic exist.

But...

Now that I think about it...

Maybe Shai, the god of fate, would have the ability to see the future.

I haven't met or seen Shai in a while, but I'm sure he's busy—he's a god after all.

And Gadia, the god of karma, must also be busy right now...

They haven't tried to visit me at all for the longest time, so I almost forgot about those two stupid gods.

They're not ignoring me...right...?

Haha...

Because...

...That would kind of suck.

It took me a few moments before I was able to snap back into reality and realize that I was in the middle of trying to save a friendship between me and Wolfe.

"Oh, Wolfe~! I see you hiding behind that bed~ You can't hide from me!" I yelled childishly as I jumped onto the bed that Wolfe was hiding behind with a big grin.

I pushed all the negative thoughts out of my mind as I tried to focus on what was currently more important.

"..."

"Are you ignoring me, Wolfe?" I asked with a small pout.

Wolfe turned his head up to me slowly and his green eyes stared into mine with slight confusion, as if he could not understand why I was in front of him.

It was a familiar expression and it felt as if though I had seen it before...

...in my dreams.

"...Why are you here?" he asked quietly as he continued to hide his large body behind his bed.

He furrowed his eyes cautiously as he watched my every movement.

"You never came to visit me when I was sick. So I decided to come all the way here to visit you instead. Seriously, I have to go through so much work because of you," I sighed dramatically as I rolled all over his bedsheets, messing up the neat blankets.

"..."

Wolfe didn't say anything as he kept a small distance between me and him.

"You know, I was really sad when I realized a dear friend of mine didn't even think of visiting me once while I was bedridden...it kind of sucked, you know. I even had this really bad nightmare because of it," I murmured as I stared at the ceiling, laying on Wolfe's bed as if I owned the place.

"...I'm sorry," Wolfe said after a brief pause.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. It's not your fault I had such a bad dream anyway..." I muttered.

"..."

"Have you ever had a nightmare before, Wolfe?" I asked slowly as I turned my head to stare at him.

He didn't answer right away.

Actually, he seemed more confused as to why I was asking him these questions than why I was here in the first place.

"Nevermind...I asked a weird question. Sorry," I apologized as I tried to change the topic.

I wonder why I even asked him that...

Of course, Wolfe has had a nightmare before.

Everyone has.

It's just...