81. Holy Priest

Cordelia POV

As we were walking back to the main hall, I noticed a nice musty scent waft up to my nose.

What was it?

I sniffed around the air to get a clue of what it belonged to and immediately froze the moment I found my nose nearly buried in Ace's chest.

"Is there...something wrong, Cordelia?" Ace asked in a slightly flustered voice as he stopped walking for a brief moment.

Poof.

My face immediately exploded in a burst of red as I realized who the nice smell belonged to.

"N-Nothing!" I squeaked as I tried to walk a few steps ahead of Ace and fan my face slightly with my hands.

But there was one minor detail that I had forgotten.

We were holding hands, so my right hand was completely wrapped within his left.

Even if I wanted to walk ahead of him, I was completely anchored to his side with nowhere else to go.

It was then that I realized the significance of our hand-holding.

What if my hands are sweaty?

Oh no...please don't tell me my hands are sweating.

Oh god.

My hands are sweating, aren't they.

Aghhhhh...this is so embarrassing...!

As I was internally shrieking in my head, I could feel Ace slowly let go of my hand with a little bit of blush on his face.

No way...

Did he let go of my hands after feeling how utterly sweaty and grimy they felt?!

Aghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

My anxiety spiked for a moment as I gave a small glance at his perfect face.

What if he thinks I'm disgusting now???

Shoot...Shoot...Shoot...Shoot...Shoot.

For a moment, I seriously contemplated jumping off a cliff as I tried to think of something to say.

"I'm sorry, my hands were a little swea-"

"I'm sorry, my hands started to get a little sweaty...so..." Ace mumbled as he looked away from me slightly and hid his hands from my view.

It took me a moment to register what he had said.

3...

2...

1...

"...It was my hands that were sweaty though?!?!" I exclaimed.

"N-No...it was definitely me..." Ace awkwardly blushed a little.

"No. No. No. You don't understand how it feels for a maiden like me to hold the hands of a handsome god like you. It was definitely me," I said seriously with a few shakes of my head.

For a moment, I thought I could hear Ace mumble something underneath his breath with an exasperated sigh.

"What did you say?" I asked with the cock of my head.

"I can hear the front doors opening. Let's hurry, Cordelia, before we are late," Ace said as he completely changed the conversation.

I went silent for a bit as I focused my hearing as well.

He was right...the front doors were definitely opening.

For the moment, a scary face popped into my head as I was thinking.