10. The Sadistic Prince

"You look beautiful today, sweetie! So cute...but you won't be taken away...right? That's right, I'll kill all of the beasts after my daughter...should I hang them? Burn them? Or stab them...?" my father murmured to himself. 

I have no idea what he is saying, but I doubt that I would want to know either. 

Today is my fourth birthday and debut. 

I am not going to lie, but I am extremely nervous. 

I constantly practiced for this moment over the past month, but there is still a lot of pressure. 

Today, I will be meeting my future fiance and possible executioner. 

The way I die depends on the route that the heroine chooses. 

She can choose to build a relationship with one of the male leads or choose to love all of them at once.

But I can almost guarantee that she will be going down the harem route. 

It just makes sense.

"Thank you, daddy! I'm ready for today...I think? I'm worried that the nobles will bully me..." I confessed. 

"If they laugh at my sweetie...I'll drown them in my water magic..." he said in a serious tone. I think I misheard the last part, so I'll just laugh like I actually understood.  

I took my father's hand as Ace and I walked to our carriage.

My debut would be at the castle, which was a two-hour ride away from our estate. 

As I stared outside of the windows of our carriage, I thought about what I should say when I meet Florence. I decided to think about it later because I was getting tired.

.

.

2 hours later

.

.

Oops! I fell asleep using Ace as a pillow. Ace didn't seem to mind too much. But for some reason, my father was deeply staring at my face when I woke up. ~Creepy!

My father laughed and took my hand as we exited our carriage. 

Then, I saw it. 

I thought my home was pretty big, but it paled in comparison to the castle before me.

It was a massive structure made of gold and marble. Surrounded by water, a large bridge connected a platform to the castle entrance. 

Above the entrance was a statue dedicated to the first hero of our country. 

Atop the entire castle, at the highest point, was a pedestal where a large silver bell laid. Our kingdom was named "Silverbell" after all.

Various important structures surrounded the castle, which contributed to its complicated design.