27. Maybe Passing Out is a Good Thing

A/N: ATTENTION ALL READERS!

I have updated TWO CHAPTERS today in celebration of "Another Life, Another Me" reaching 100,000 views! Yay~

*Ahem* Did you read the chapter before this one...? If you did, you are a good child!

If you didn't please read the chapter that I updated BEFORE this one! 

Ok, enjoy the chapter~

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Cordelia's POV

The way back to the group was mentally tiring. 

It was also extremely awkward.

EXTREMELY awkward.

I couldn't talk to Ace and he never tried to talk to me. The eerie silence made me feel frozen like a rock.

Also...I just realized that the mysterious boy that I saved earlier probably saw the entire thing.

The boy said that he would be following me all the way back to my home...right?

...So he definitely saw the argument between me and Ace.

...How embarrassing...

A part of me regrets saving the boy from the two psychopaths. If I never attempted to save him, I wouldn't have needed to go through all of this trouble.

The boy wouldn't forcefully try to follow me home and I may have never had an argument with Ace...

Ugh...Why is saving people so hard...?!

...Even though I just saved a person's life...I feel worse. Saving people is not worth the effort.

I was tired physically, emotionally, and mentally after everything I had gone through.

...And at some point, I passed out.

.

.

A Little Bit Later

.

.

I woke up inside of a room full of fluffy beds and modern technology.

I was...in the room that the gods gifted me inside of my head.

"The Power of the Mind"

"You're finally awake, stupid," a familiar voice said from the corner of my vision.

"Clara! Do you feel any pain...?" another familiar voice said while using my past life's name.

"Ugh...I didn't want to wake up and see your guys' faces...stupid gods..." I muttered.

Shai and Gadia stood a few feet away from me with their shining aura.

Their aura was so bright that it was visible to the eye. They were literally glowing...

"Why am I here?" I asked them slowly.

"Well...you're not dead..." Shai said while trying to dodge my question.

"Why am I here?" I repeated again while being slightly sharper than before.

"Ughhhhh...This is why humans are sooooo annoying..." Gadia groaned with annoyance.

"You're here...because we don't want you to be awake in the real world right now..." Shai sighed.

"What the heck does that mean...?" I questioned them further.