𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐢

*ONE WEEK LATER*

The bell rang and you walked out of school. You were just about to get into your car when the mean girls came up to you.

"Hey y/n!" Ashley, the girl who kissed Edward, said.

"Ashley, Ava, Izzy." You rolled your eyes.

"Edward's probably only dating you to play hard to get with us." Ashley snickered.

"Yeah, how much did you pay him to go out with you? Because he'd never go out with someone like you." Izzy laughed. You sighed.

Suddenly, Edward walked around the corner.

"Is that so? Because last time I checked, I asked y/n out, and you guys are still repulsive to me." Edward said.

"Edward! We were just kidding! You guys are-" Ava replied.

"Save it. We're leaving." Edward said, hopping into the car. He started driving, but turned down a different road.

"Where are we going?" You asked.

"To someplace special." Edward replied. He stopped the car in front if his house. But you didn't go inside. He walked you through the woods to a meadow of flowers.

"This place is beautiful." You said, sitting down on the grass.

"I like to come here to think." Edward replied.

Suddenly, Alice ran up to you guys from out of nowhere.

"Edward, I have bad news. The Volturi know." Alice exclaimed.

"I didn't think they'd find us. I'm so sorry y/n. I put you in danger. We need to fix this." Edward explained.

"What? What's the Volturi?" You asked, curiously.

"Well, long story short, they're basically the vampire police. And the biggest rule we're supposed to follow is don't expose ourselves to other people." Edward explained.

"And what's the punishment if you do?" You asked. Alice and Edward looked at each other, worried.

"They kill you." They said in unison. You started to breath heavily in fear.

"What can we do?" You asked, panicking.

"There's only one way." Alice replied.

"No. We aren't going to do that!" Edward shouted.

"Would you rather her die?!" Alice yelled back.

"We can't just change her! She has to live a full life! We can't just take that from her!" Edward answered, angrily. Watching them argue only made you more scared. Without realizing, you'd started to cry. Both Alice and Edward turned to you and sighed.

"I'm sorry, y/n. We shouldn't have brought you into this. We can fix this. I just don't know how yet. You buried your face into your arms couldn't stop your tears from flowing out.

"I've seen it y/n. It's gonna be okay." Alice exclaimed.

"Hey," Edward said, sitting beside you.

"If you have to change me, then do it. I'd rather spend eternity with you than die from the Volturi." You mumbled. Edward put his arms around you and gave you a tight hug.

"We'll fix this. I promise." He whispered. You put your head on Edward's shoulder and cried. You looked up at him teary eyed. He kissed you softly and smiled.

"You promise?" You asked. He nodded. You pointed up to the sky.

"The sun is coming out. Won't it hurt you?" You asked pulling Edward up. He laughed.