Chapter 8 - Hope

Začít od začátku

I opened the double door to the main hall and saw Jesse and Hannah sitting hand in hand across of a sleeping Dina. When did that happen? When Hannah saw me she nodded her head for me to follow, and so I did. We went upstairs and Jesse and I leaned on the railing while Hannah crossed her arms on her chest. -"She had a rough night. Barely could keep water down." Jesse said. -"You should've woken me up." Ellie said walking to us. -"Oh, I didn't know you where up. Did I wake you?" I asked the sleepy girl walking to us. -"No it's fine." She replied. There was a moment of silence before Hannah spoke. -"Is she pregnant?" I looked at Ellie and she looked at me. Well, she's a doctor. There's no point in lying now. -"Yeah." Ellie said. She exhaled and looked to the celling. -"Shit, I was actually praying I'm wrong." Hannah said. -"Look, I know why you all came here. But we gotta get her back. She needs real care and as much as Hannah wants to she can't do much here-" Jesse said when Ellie interupted him. -"Yeah I know." Ellie said defeated. -"But I can't just leave Tommy behind." She added. Tommy. Just hearing his name reminded me of yesterday.....I gotta know the whole truth. -"How about you two take her back?" Ellie asked them. -"She's not gonna leave without you." Jesse said. -"Screw it. Let's get Tommy." Hannah said right after. We gave her a confused look. Jesse pulled out a map. -"We disscussed it. Tommy hasn't found Abby in the aquarium yet. We'll post up there until he does." He said pointing at the map. -"Okay. Hannah can you open the door for us?" I asked her. -"What? No, I'm coming with you." She protested. -"And leaving Dina on her own?" Jesse said. -"He's right. Dina needs you. Stay with her." Ellie sided with us. -"But, I wanna help you guys." Hannah argued. -"You're helping us by staying here with Dina. Besides we don't know what we're getting ourselfs into. We need your medical skills to patch us up later." I smiled at her. -"Hannah. You need to stay safe. Do it for me." Jesse asked her with sweet voice. -"Okay. But the next action is mine." She joked. -"You got it." Jesse replied and kissed her forehead. It wasn't hard for him, considering how tall he is in comparison to Hannah. Ellie gave me a shocked look. -"When?" She mouthed out. I shruged my shoulders in response. -"You wanna tell Dina that you're leaving?" Hannah asked mostly towards Ellie. -"Yeah." She replied. -"I'll just meet you out front." I said and left for the door. I really don't need to see them saying goodye. I tend to get....pretty jelouse.

We left after Ellie said her goodbye with Dina and Hannah locked the door behind us. We found our way through the car baricades and broken roads until there was a kind of normal road again. -"Did you talk to Dina about the baby?" Jesse asked suddenly. -"No, we really didn't get the time to talk about that. But I didn't tell her that you know. If that's what you're worried about." Ellie replied. -"Cool." Jesse said. -"Actually Jesse, when did it start between you and Hannah?" I asked and cought him blushing. -"Uh, we haven't officialy started dating. I'm planning on asking her once things here ge-" I grabbed Jesse's arm and dragged him into cover because I saw Wolfs ahead. We hid behind a concrete road block. Ellie motioned with her finger at her lips to be quiet.

I saw six Wolfs when I peaked out of our cover. -"Okay, let's try sneaking around them." I said to Ellie and Jesse. -"With that dog running around. Yeah I don't think so." Ellie replied. I peaked again and saw that they really had a dog there. -"Shit. Well how about we-" Once Jesse tried telling the plan he got interupted by one of the Wolfs. -"What ya got there boy? You smell something?" The dog went straight to us. What now? I can't throw a bottle they would saw it. Fuck this. I pulled back the string of my bow and first killed the dog's handler. -"Jacob!" One of the Wolfs saw that. I turned to the dog and it wanted to jump me. Luckily Ellie killed it with her knife before it did. -"Behind the road block!" The Wolf that heard us yelled. Ellie pulled out her rifle and shot at the Wolf. BANG! He layed dead in a few seconds. Jesse didn't hesitate and joined our gunfight by shooting at the incoming soldiers. BANG! BANG! He also took out one. Finally a shots came in our direction, not hitting us. I decided to make a run for nearby shop, so I waited for the soldiers to stop shooting and sprinted towards the window. A shot flew by and hit a window next to me. I didn't stop and jumped to hide in the shop. Ellie has used to distraction of the soldiers and gave a clear headshot to one of them. BANG! While I gave headshot to the other. Boldly Jesse ran up to the one remaining and slashed him with his machete.