Sara Berry And the Truth, the Dare, the Charades & the Electric Chair (PART 1)

It was a peaceful, uneventful Saturday.

Yesterday, the Nova Virtute took down a target on their kill list, a mass robber with an elephant mutation Quirk. Then they attended King's latest concert that night.

Now we find our dear Vigilante kids lounging in the living room in the Lebedev family's penthouse.

Eri, Shouto, Touya & Izuku were doodling, having finished the child's homework, Tenko was playing a video game, Shinsou, Tsuyu & Tokoyami were digging through all the books on the shelves, Nozomi was playing her guitar, Toga was watching random videos & Uraraka was feasting on homemade snacks.

Nozomi set her guitar aside and said: “Who wants to record something to pass the time?

Toga, jumped up at once. “Oh! I do, I do!

What song are we performing, kero?” asked Tsuyu.

How about this one?” Toga showed them the video she was watching: an animatic of The Ballad of Sara Berry.

Hey, that sounds good.” Touya approved.

Isn't this a song from the Quirkless Ages?” asked Tenko.

Why yes it is! I can't believe it's still popular.” Izuku noted.

That's because it's catchy.”

The next few minutes were spent on assigning the lines. They unanimously wanted Nozomi to sing the main vocals because she was an experienced singer (though she wanted Toga to sing it, since it was her idea), but she suggested her friend Shimomura Shiina, the vocalist of King, sing it instead. The background singers ended up being Touya, Uraraka, Shinsou, and Toga.

Nozomi called Shiina and Ishihara Etsuya (King's drummer/composer) ove to her place. Not only that, Shiina also invited members from their old college band BURNING BONDS: Hanae Yūto, the keyboardist and Shiina's boyfriend; Niihara Shūjin, the bassist; & his girlfriend Okuda Nanami, the lead guitarist, who could also play the violin.

Once everyone was in place, they began to practice. The musicians listened to the song instrumental; some learned by ear and others opened sites to learn tabs. The singers started memorizing the lyrics and practicing their lines in their respective recording booths (of course they didn't record that).

Kolya joined them to manage the recording as well as the filming. “We should do an official video as a present to all our fans,” Izuku had suggested.

After 5 wholesome hours of practice, they decided to record the actual performance.

Kolya gave the signal, and Yūto played the intro.

Woah-oh-oh-oh, Oh, Oh!
Down on your knees before the Queen.
Woah-oh-oh-oh, Oh, Oh!
Down on your knees before the Queen.

Nozomi, Shūjin, Nanami and Etsuya kicked into action. Toga flashed a grin at her cousin, who returned it with a thumbs up.

(SHIINA)
Sara Berry was a popular bitch.

(TOUYA, TOGA, URARAKA, SHINSOU)
(Mm-hmm.)

(SHIINA)
Hot bod, hot boy, cheer captain, plus she was rich.

(TOUYA, TOGA, URARAKA, SHINSOU)
(Oh, yeah.)

(SHIINA)
That girl had everything till hiccup and hitch:
Julie Jenkins lost a leg in a wreck!

(TOUYA, TOGA, URARAKA, SHINSOU)
(Am—pu—ta—ted!)

(SHIINA)
The nominations for Prom Royalty came