Old Men Fight Over A Coffin

Start from the beginning

But Elena? She expected everyone to bend over backward to save her life and give her everything she wanted. And when Isa had heard about the tantrum she threw when Damon had wanted to turn her into a vampire to save her from Klaus's ritual, she'd cracked up laughing. Elena thought she was moral, that she was good by not becoming a vampire so she doesn't hurt innocent people with her bloodlust, when really she was worse than any vampire there ever was. She willingly lets her friends and family sacrifice themselves for her safety. Not to mention the way she had both the Salvatore brothers wrapped around her fingers, toying with them until she got bored with one and would switch to the other.

And she had the audacity to call Isa, to call Klaus evil. The hypocrite.

"Well, for starters," Isa began before her husband could and she vamped in front of Elena, leaning in close. "I don't suppose you'd be able to tell me where your other love-sick puppy is?"

"Stefan skipped town the second he saved Klaus's ass," Damon answered as he once again moved to stand in front of Elena.

"Well, you see, that is a shame," Klaus said darkly before turning and throwing a perfect bullseye. "Your brother stole from us. Stole from me. And I need him found so I can take back what's mine," Klaus continued.

"That sounds like a Klaus and Stefan problem," Elena said bravely and Isa cocked her head at her, biting her lip before she let out a malevolent chuckle.

"Look who took her confidence pills today," she remarked before she let her expression fall and her eyes darken. "And you can consider this, us broadening the scope, Doppelbitch," she spat venomously. Damon moved in front of Elena again and Isa laughed condescendingly at them. "You truly are pathetic." Who she was talking to was unclear but Klaus had a feeling that she was addressing them both, not that she was wrong.

Klaus then came up beside his wife, his hand slipping into her back pocket, cupping her rear. "Stefan is your brother. And your lover. Or was your lover. I honestly can't keep up at this point, sweetheart," Klaus laughed as he gestured from Damon to Elena. Then his face darkened into a glare. "He stole from us, and my very gorgeous and very deadly wife here, is very protective of what is hers. So, I suggest you help us find Stefan, because I honestly don't know how much longer I can help reign her temper in."

Isa's smile was truly everything Klaus said it was as she let the veins under her eyes ripple. "So you better move quickly," she advised. "Or else, a whole pack of animals might start killing off the population of Mystic Falls, one, by, one. Maybe I'll start with the Sheriff. Or even your brother. Clock's ticking."

And Elena was clinging onto Damon's arm as her lips were set into a hard line, but whether it was fear or anger she was trying to portray, they couldn't tell as they walked over to the bar and left them alone. The clock had just begun and they were already running out of time.

*****************************************************************

"So, this is the Salvatore Boarding house? How....quaint," Isa remarked as she and Klaus stood on the upper floor of the library while Damon was on the lower floor pouring a drink.

"I think it's about time we had a drink, don't you?" Klaus smiled at the blue-eyed vampire.

"I'd say we're overdue," Damon agreed.

"Well, you've been so busy what with all your plotting and scheming. Sorry, failed plotting and scheming," Isa mocked as her arm was still intertwined with Klaus's.

"You know me, never miss a chance to plan an epic failure," Damon said, drinking from his glass.

"Glad you can see the error of your ways," Isa said sarcastically.