Chapter 7

Bastion's Amazing Animals

"The predators of Bastion have adapted to our world in interesting ways, none more astounding than the Anrisaur. This cave dweller's saliva creates an electromagnetic field that can disable flashlights and destroy flares, often leaving humans stumbling around in the dark. It takes a slow defensive approach to stalk prey, keeping its distance but using its spiked tongue to lash out with great force from far away. Handy for taking grabbits, gaziks, and the occasionally lost lancer by surprise. You should be so lucky!"

By Venwick Crok

Fun Fact about Grabbit: are non-hostile creatures found within. They are carnivorous, known for their sharp teeth. They are roughly equivalent in size to an Earth dog. They have been described as "rabbits that eat you."

Now back to the chapter

(No one pov)

Inside town hall where David was tending to a middle-aged man.

As David was finishing off an injured man's leg by wrapping it in some cloth to stop the bleeding, he looked around seeing a lot of injured people and some of the dead bodies that the townsfolk brought with them to mourn and buried their friend or loved one.

David) "You will be alright now, but you need to get some rest so your leg can heal."

Man 1) "Thank you, good sir, for the advice I do need to rest. I just wish I had enough aura so my wound can heal better."

David was confused for a bit, but he remembers that he was no longer on Bastion and needed any information about this new world. As David walks away from the man, his radio (Y/N) tells him that Charlotte is with her mother now. David smiles behind his faceplate, knowing that Charlotte is with her family now as David continues walking until he has gotten another radio call from Y/N.

David) "What is it, Y/N."

Y/N) "I need you and Jason to meet me in front of the town hall. I got good news and bad news, so I need you here."

Jason) "On the way."

David) "I'll be right there."

(a few minutes later)

As Jason and David were making their way to the front of the town hall, they see Y/N talking to the mayor with a concurring face.

Y/N turns his head toward David and Jason.

Y/N) "That is our problem, Mr. Mayor. We need to finish off this horde or they may kill more people, so we need to eliminate the horde that is our new mission and get ready to leave in 5 minutes."

As Jason and David were ready to speak they heard a noise from behind all of you turn your head toward the source of the sound, it was Charlotte silently hidden, but she was eavesdropping on your mission. Still, after she exposed her location, she got out of hiding and walked with a sad face.

David) "Hello Charlotte, why were you hiding and spying on us, and are you okay."

Charlotte) "I'm okay, but I hear what is happening, and I'm scared."

Jason walks toward Charlotte and knees down in front of her.

Jason) "There's no need to be scared. Little one we will stop the Grimm before anyone gets hurt."

Jason was able to make Charlotte feel better as Jason gently patted her head as she ran off, Jason turned toward the others and got ready to go.

David) "it reminds me of the time we saved that strider for that pack of dominion soldiers that wanted to take over the strider."