Chapter 10

I do not own video.

◇◇◇◇◇◇

Varian walked out of Xavier's shop. Stan had left a long time ago to continue his guard duty. If Varian got lost on the way back, he could probably get directions. He probably wouldn't be pushed around by an adult because he had noble clothes and shoes. Anyone with half a brain left the nobles' kids alone, or so Varian had heard.

He didn't get very far before he bumped into Rapunzel and Cassandra. "What are you two doing?" Varian asked.

"Trying to take a stroll, but Dad's got half the guard spying on us," Rapunzel whispered.

"So we're escaping them. Wanna join?" Cassandra asked.

Varian chuckled. "Ok!"

"Great! Come on!" Rapunzel grabbed his hands and they jumped onto a cart of pumpkins. That's when Varian noticed that the Captain of the Guard along with Pete and Stan were looking around in confusion. "Bye!" Rapunzel waved, making Varian cover his mouth with a fit of giggles.

They hopped off the wagon once they reached the Snuggly Duckling. They ran in because the rain had started dumping buckets on them. "Hey, guys!" Varian waved at the thugs.

Attila waved back. "Hey there, dreamers. What can I help you with?"

"My usual, your specialty," Rapunzel said. "For all three of us."

Attila gave them each a cupcake. "Thanks!" They exclaimed as Rapunzel paid.

The door slammed open, revealing the Captain of the Guard. "Oh, your highnesses! Fancy meeting you here."

"You seriously ran on foot just to catch up to us, didn't you?" Cassandra deadpanned.

The Captain cleared his throat. "It's a bit chilly in here, I'll add some wood to the fire..." he grabbed a club, only slightly moving it from its place.

"No, wait! Don't touch that club! It's the club of Ruthless Ruth. It will curse us!" Attila warned.

"You mean, like a ghost?" Cassandra asked.

"Yes!" Vladimir nodded.

"Sure, whatever you say. Nice story," Cassandra shrugged.

The the lights suddenly went out as the shutters slammed shut. Rapunzel gasped as Varian yelped. Cassandra snapped her head around, taken aback by the sudden change. Then she chuckled. "Nice prank."

"That's no prank!" Hookfoot screamed as he pointed at the ghost behind them. Items were floating around her as she used them to chase the thugs around and put a moose on the Captain's head.

Cassandra took a fighting stance, putting Varian and Rapunzel behind her. Then she looked at the blue Ghost floating before them. "Listen, tell us what it is you want, and we'll do it, but no harm will come to my family!"

"Help me fulfill my dream," Ruth began. "And all before dawn."

"And what is that?" Cassandra pressed.

"I wish for my song to play before pub. You will find the notes on the thing I held close to me."

"The club!" Varian ran off to pick it up, suddenly realizing what the notches were.

"They're music notes!" Rapunzel exclaimed as she brought it to the piano and began to play. Ruth let all the objects fall back into place as the captain took the moose off his head.

Upon seeing the club on the piano, the Captain snatched it, throwing it into the fire. "Take that Ruth!"

"Captain! What have you done!" Cassandra snapped.