Chapter Six

The next few days were a blur.

   I finally got myself back together and started to work on the mine again, we made a railroad down to lower levels and found a lava pool. Leroy said we should look for diamonds, and that they are stronger than iron.

   Right now we're sitting on the peak of the mountain just watching the sunset. Purple particles gently floated from Lee as he sat reclined on his palms and one of them floated in front of my face. (Activate: toddler mode. Run script: eat inedible things. Target: Purple floaty thing) I stuck out my tongue and let one of the particles land on it.

   Lee slightly jolted and looked at me, "what the fuck, man. That's not edible!" I spat it back out, "I feel like I just ate dirt. Bleh." He gave me a look before lightly smacking the back of my head and stood up, heading back down the hill. I cackled before looking back out at the sunset.

   I felt someone standing behind me, "hey, Lee. You okay?" No response, "Lee, don't give me the silent treatment." I laughed as I stood up, "I'm sorry that I ate the particle thingy, it just-" I turned and saw the guy, "oh, it's you. What do you want?" 

   I could see the mist tails winding from his eyes to around his head, it looked kinda like a halo. He stood about a yard behind me, he was more lean than I originally thought. I stood up and turned towards him, he seemed to be studying me so I did the same. His tan skin had scars of various lengths and depths littering it, he had a small silver hoop in his left ear and a gold ring on his right middle finger.

   His hair was a dark chocolate but at the top it looked sun bleached, a milk chocolate color. His shoes had iron soles that seemed to be enchanted, his clothes didn't look like wool, spider silk maybe? 

   "So. Are we just gonna stand here staring at each other or are we gonna have a conversation?" I asked while flicking my hands out. 

   "What is your name?" His quiet voice rolled like thunder in the distance, "my name?" He nodded, "it's (y/n). What's yours?" I already knew it, it just felt better to ask. "My name is Herobrine." I nod before giving a small smile, "it's nice to officially meet you, Herobrine." He gave a small nod, "as to you, I… apologize for any pain I caused you." I rubbed the back of my neck, "hehe, the only thing you really did was give me a breakdown." 

   "I do not think that that is good." I shrugged, "well, I gotta go check on Lee, have a good night Herobrine." I waved before heading down the mountain. 

   When I got to the house all the lamps were still off so I went around turning them on. I heard a thud and a curse, "yeah, that's Lee." I pulled myself up the stairs and knocked on his door, heard a faint 'come in' and I opened the door and there he was, on the floor, tangled in his blanket.

   "You good?" He shoved a pillow on his face and screamed while kicking his leg. More particles poof from under the pillow as he moved it. "Wow. Okay let me help." So we spent five minutes untangling his stick leg and somehow I got tangled so we had to get me untangled. 

   I laid on the floor covered in the blue blanket, "how did your stick legs get tangled?" He scoffed, "how did your stumpy legs get tangled?" We stared at each other for a second before laughing.

   I stood up and patted Lee's head before saying goodnight and going to my room. 

   I plopped my ass onto my bed and looked out the window, I smiled seeing the stars twinkle across the sky. 

   I pulled back the blanket and curled underneath it, I drifted off to sleep and hoped to have the first dreamless night in two weeks.

   I didn't get my wish.

   My eyes drifted across a crowd of pig people and mobs, "your first king, young ---------. May he live long and prosper!" The crowd echoed the speaker. I smiled at my people and walked forward to the balcony, I began to speak but my voice sounded blocked like someone was speaking in another room.

   The dream shifts.

   I was in the hot red liquid again, I think it's lava from when we found some in the cave, I raised my head above the lava. The pig people were still tending to the chains that wrapped around me. I let out a small coo, and pigs were instantly alerted to my presence. I cooed again and tilted my head, they calmed down but still looked tense, I raised my paw out of the lava and poked one of the blobby things bouncing around.

   The pigs snorted and oinked at each other because I was so gentle with the slimy thing. I stopped poking the red slime and went to poke one of the pigs but it ree'ed and pulled out a sword. 

   I cooed sadly before sinking back under the lava.