4~4

Denis

Elijah and I climbed down the ladder which lead to the abandoned room we were held in. It carried us straight to the second floor, and we both walked cautiously, back to back, with our powers activated just in case of a surprise attack. We were like cops. 

"We're looking for Ethan, Star and Elise right?" I asked Elijah.

"Yup. I can't get through to Ethan with this weird telepathy shit so he's definitely in danger." he stated.

Elijah led me to where he left the three. Star's bag was left at the desk leg, meaning she was planning to come back. The computer was also on, meaning it didn't really take them long to find out Elijah was gone. With caution, I sat in the chair while Elijah watched my back. He kept walking in circles at some points to avoid making the same mistake as before.

The keys on the computer keyboard looked like they were pounded, meaning Star was at the computer. She doesn't know how to type well and has already broken 3 keyboards in the time span of a month.

Apart from police documents, there was a file labelled "Guide to Hybrid Plan, #4507". Of course I opened it, and a list of emails and other documents came up. This account was in Sunny's name and the last email she sent was sent to someone with the name "Katrina Yorke". 

"Sunny's got to be here then right?" Elijah asked suddenly.

"Most likely..or at least she was."

"She's not the only one though. The guy who had me definitely wasn't her."

I tried to think back to the dog man. He had that tattoo meaning he is part of whatever cult it is. My mind was still a blur on the whole situation..wait..

"Did Alex come with you?" I asked.

"No, why?" Elijah said with a confused expression.

"I bet he's in some sort of trouble too. It doesn't take almost 4 hours to get some info." 

"He could be with Corl and Sub..we left them in Quantum Square."

We heard what sounded like a metal gate open, and a flash of light shone in our direction. I forgot we're not even supposed to be here. Elijah grabbed Star's bag and shoved it under the table while I turned off the computer. We had limited time so we decided to hide under the table with Star's bag and pray for the best.

"Hello? Who's up here?!" an old voice called.

It was just a cop, thank God. We were in our super forms, meaning we could try a bet and hope we were allowed here because of our status. I looked at Elijah to see if he was thinking along the same lines, but he was more concerned about his wing. It looked really painful, and to wait for that to grow back, then to relearn how to fly..I felt bad for him. 

The voice grew fainter and both of us peeked above the table to check if we were in the clear, then came out of hiding. 

"If we follow him we could get around way easier." Elijah mentioned, dusting himself off. 

"Sounds like a plan. I'll download some of these files then teleport to you." I said.

"Gotchu." 

With that, Elijah and I split off. As I sat at the computer again I felt nervous about our decision. Both of us made this same mistake and almost got killed. I didn't have that much time to think either, Elijah was getting further and further by the minute. 

I finally decided to take the information I had so far and go with Elijah. I can't fuck this up a second time.