6~9

Elijah
I stretched after lying awake in bed for like an hour. I know I'm not the only person who does this.

I finally got up and headed downstairs to clean myself up, but all the while my mind was telling me something was off. It was in the form of a subconscious whisper in my brain and I couldn't really make out what it was. I assumed reluctantly that it was my demon, as much as I knew I wasn't up for this bullshit.

Once I made it to the bathroom, the sound got significantly louder. I looked into the mirror and knew sure as hell that whatever was looking back at me was not me at all. My first instinct was to shout but it had put his hand over its mouth which had covered mine as well.

Elijah don't panic. I'm just you. Your demon.

I still wasn't getting it and I indicated that by shrugging.

Okay then let me introduce myself. I am half of your soul, Elijah Light. That name rings a bell? I know it does. What you are right now makes up the other half of your soul. We work together and while you might think I am a freaky monster, I literally am just you but darker. I feel the same emotions, just stronger. When I move my hand, you will not call for help or make noise, just listen to me. It's important.

I didn't want to trust it, but I didn't want to face any consequences that the demon may have in store if I didn't comply. Sunny still gave me a horrible case of PTSD, giving me a newly earned fear for demons; even my own. The demon slowly moved its hand and I silently tried to hold my balance while shaking badly. So far it didn't seem like it wanted to hurt me.

See..? I'm not dangerous..at least to you.

I nodded and allowed it to continue.

Sunny hasn't left any of you alone. Ethan's vision will most likely come true. I've seen her spirit while you sleep, she's out to get you and has already taken Alex, Sub, Corl and your brother. You need to save them from her curse asap before it spreads to others and before the full plan unfolds - whatever it is.

"How do you know about all this and how long has this been happening?" I asked. I was at the point where I was convinced I was safe; while the reason confused me, I didn't argue with it as a bigger situation was at hand.

From the time Sunny abused us, and yes, us, her intentions had come to light before me. I had to wait until we healed to tell you, but I promise you that while Sunny is fucking terrifying, every demon has a weakness. You need to help me help you defeat her.

"Done deal, but I don't know how we're going to work this spirit thing."

Just trust me. I will guide you.

At that time, the figure faded away and I saw myself again, most to my relief. Now I had this new information and I had to trust my inner demon, which I had second thoughts about, but all it wanted was my trust. You have to break a couple eggs to make an omelet after all.

I had freshened up and as I expected, Alex, Corl, Sub nor Ethan were home. Denis was already up cooking breakfast for himself and Gabby, and I knew Amie was going to do some training at this time. I gathered the three, along with my thoughts, and tried not to panic while I told them everything my demon had told me.

"It's up to us then." Gabby said.

"You girls ready for your first official mission?" Denis asked kinda excitedly.

"The real question is 'is it ready for us?'" Amie said confidently.

I smiled at the thought that we had another chance at beating Sunny as her own game. "So here's the plan."