6~7

Denis
"You still up?" Gabby asked.

"Yeah, why?" I said.

She sat up and turned on the light, then pulled my arm to make me sit up.

"I don't remember the last time we talked like this." she said.

Gabby was the type to be brutally honest and straight up with the way she felt, but at the same time one of the sweetest people you could ever meet. She was one to be disciplined and keep others disciplined. Maybe it was because of the situation she found herself in now gave her a second chance at living life again and she wants to enjoy it with her newfound friends and her boyfriend.

Her life was as interesting as it was terrifying. At 13 she was one of 9 children to be kidnapped while asleep by Moonshine. She lived in a paradox horror world for 8 years and still recalls the events to this day. She specifically thanked me for her safety, even though it was Star who saved her. We had this special connection neither of us had with anyone else. Despite the fact that we came from completely different backgrounds, we were in love.

"Are you okay?" she asked. Before I could get a word out, she spoke again. "For real."

She's the only person who I could truly be honest to. For one she was my girlfriend, but she seemed to understand me in a way others, not even the pals, could.

"Everything is so stressful now. I mean with youtube you know it's bad enough and then being the leader of a group of heroes basically pledged to protect the world. That's 7, almost 8 billion people and like...I never asked for this. We never asked for this. I'll never understand why we were chosen and why destiny lead us this way but I'm tired Gabby, I'm fucking tired. I want my life back." I said. That honestly felt so good to let out.

"It's easy to get stressed about this stuff. I can only imagine how much it was to not only get a grasp of your powers but find a way to use them without knowing them properly. I'm proud of you though. You stay strong and hide your emotions sometimes. I just need you to be more honest about yourself with others. They're your friends, they will 100% understand everything." Gabby said, kissing me on my cheek.

I smiled for the first time in a while that wasn't fake. I didn't know what kept me from being real with my closest friends. There were so many reasons for it but none seemed to match the way I was feeling. Either way, I was grateful that Gabby could see through me and get how I felt.

"What about you?" I asked. I thought it was only out of basic decency to return the question. "I mean, are you comfortable with all this? Excited to get powers soon?" I continued.

She smiled. "Super psyched. Not like I can't fight without them easily anyway. I'm thinking that I work with Amie, Star and maybe Blue if she's not busy..we make a ladies division." she said fondly.

"We could have games from time to time where we face off each other." I added.

"But there's 6 of you guys and 4 of us, it's not fair."

"Star is an angelic overlord and Blue knows all things magic inside and out. You and Amie kick ass well enough on your own, I think it's fairly balanced." I protested with a smirk.

Gabby laughed and lied down again. "Feels good to talk it out, doesn't it?" she said like a know-it-all.

"Yeah yeah..I guess that's why Alex does it so much." I said, lying down as well.

"Night, baby."

"Night."