2~7

Alex
"Did you get any sleep last night?" Denis asked while we walked done the street to the prison.

"Not really, but enough so I'm not insanely tired right now." I replied.

The sorry note I had written for Sub was floating in front of me while messaged Elijah and Star to see if they had gotten to their destinations yet. Denis gave me a look which told me I shouldn't be doing that.

"People wouldn't know it's me. Plus it's only temporary." I said coolly.

Once we made it to the station and waited 20 minutes while Denis made up an elaborate lie about how we knew this person (which surprisingly the cop actually believed) we made our way to the area where prisoners were being met. The suspect was sitting in the back, alone. I kinda felt sorry for him.

"Hi?" he asked, trying so hard to recognise us even though we've never met.

"Yeah I'm just here to ask some questions for uh..my newspaper article.." Denis said.

"Oh and the superhero who kinda put you here..he told me to give you this." I added, giving him the sorry note.

"But he didn't-"

"Who cares?"

"Anyways, who do you work for?" Denis asked turning to the man.

He stared at Denis straight in the eyes and it was starting to creep me out.

"I'm not allowed to give that information..literally..I'd get my head cut off. What I can tell you though is that I was paid to do this and because of your little superhero friend.." he turned to me sharply which made me jump a little. "I'm not getting my raise."

"Okay..um, you said there were more right? How many is 'more'?" I asked.

"Many. A lot actually. My boss kinda has it all figured out."

"So what were you doing before the superheroes found you?" Denis asked suddenly.

"Can't say either. Not because of my boss..but I realised those pendants you guys have..pretty little things which are Zayadin emeralds which contain super powers if I'm not mistaken."

I hid mine. "I don't know what you're talking about.." I said nervously.

"You do. You both do. You're exactly who she's looking for."

"Sunny Light?" Denis asked.

"So you've heard of her."

The man gave us one more glare before leaving to go back to his cell.

"Got all of that written down?" Denis asked.

I nodded. "Sunny is such a coward though. Why does she send other people to do her dirty work? He seems like he could be a nice guy if he wasn't under her control."

"Under her control..oh my God Alex you're a genius!" Denis shouted, shaking me.

Everyone in the room paused and looked directly at us, which Denis responded with his middle finger and turned to me again.

"No one would really want to work for her. She's hypnotising them or something. We probably found her device back in the pet store." he said.

"I bet that if we went back we'd find more than we saw before." I added.

"Let's blow this popsicle stand." Denis said, grabbing his stuff and getting up.

"You've always wanted to say that haven't you." I laughed.

"Well it's not my fault I overheard Moon practicing exit lines for a movie the producers probably won't even consider casting her for."

Once we turned around we were greeted by a handful of prisoners way too close for our liking. I'd move them with telekinesis but that would be my cover blown. We backed away slowly and hit another set of prisoners. We tried pushing through them, fighting them, even the "look over there" method and they didn't end well.

Now on the floor and powerless, Denis and I watched a set part way for the suspect, who looked kinda freaky considering he was a real life hybrid. His face was shaped like a dog's, along with his arm and leg. He took the pendants and slipped them into his pocket, then smiled at us with his even freakier teeth.