Commission

AKAASHI POV

It took 10 minutes for them to finish sweeping the house. They escorted everyone out of the house and to another safe spot while the cleaning crew took care of the bodies and blood. The whole time I was fidgeting with my fingers or bouncing my knee. I was silent the whole time, trying to ignore how everyone kept glancing over at me like I might explode at any second. 

I was still worried about my brother. I didn't know what happened to him. Even after I left my family and the police took him in, I still kept tabs on him, making sure he was ok. I didn't know he was planning anything like this though, he always seemed happy and contempt with his life. I knew I fucked up our family, but I wanted to make sure he at least got a good life. 

They left most of the servants at the safe house, but the Nobleman Bokuto needed to come to the Commission for questioning and information. Daichi and Iwa managed to persuade the team into allowing Suga, Oikawa, Kuroo, and Bokuto to join too, explaining that we had things we needed to discuss as well. 

The ride to the Commission was silent and tense, the only sound being the constant thumping of my bouncing leg against the car floor. I needed to ask my boss about my brother somehow figuring out where I was. He said he went to the Commission, but no one just walks in and demands information, especially on a secret mission involving the lives of a high Nobleman family. 

The car parked in the lot. I had to flash my badge and scan my fingerprint to get in, the other agents having to do the same thing. The halls were filled with rushing people, everyone trying to get to their destinations as fast as possible. Some were carrying loads of papers, others packages of weapons. The Noblemen families seemed in awe of everything, and I could tell they also felt very out of place. We quickly lead them to two separate rooms, one for Lord Bokuto and the advisers, and another for the children and us 4 agents. 

The room was a regular conference room, a round table sitting in the middle with chairs surrounding it. Everyone took their seats, the tension so thick you could cut it with a blade. 

"What questions do you have?" Daichi asked gently after a few minutes of silence. 

"How the hell is Kenma an agent?" Kuroo spoke up first, and I could see Iwa try not to laugh at the question. 

"I trained," Kenma growled out, but Daichi sent him a look that made him reconsider his answer. "I have a higher IQ than normal, and my tactical skills were above average, they decided to keep me in despite of my obvious lack of interest," he said with an eye roll. 

"What does being an agent mean?" Oikawa asked, his eyebrows furrowed. 

"Here it means we get assigned someone or a group of people to protect, in this case, your families, and we have to do everything in our power to accomplish that, even if it means our death," Daichi cut in. Everyone looked uncomfortable after that. 

"H-How did you become agents?" Bokuto choked out. 

"We went to an academy that the Commission sponsors. It trains us in everything we need to become an agent of any kind. We then have to take tests and mission practices before our instructors determine if we're ready or not," My voice shook slightly, and I knew Iwa, Daichi, and Kenma could hear it. 

"What-what do you ha-ve to learn to be an-an agent?" Suga was having a hard time keeping himself together, that much was clear, he was shaking and his eyes were bulging out of his head. 

"We learn how to use weapons and different plans to use in different situations. We learn what to do in any circumstances, and protocol for different scenarios," Daichi explained softly.