Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Well, maybe you know Zack as he knows you." - Dean Winchester

Episode 6

3rd POV

"It's ok. It's ok." The police officer says. The girl points to the room across the hall. "In there! In there!" She yells. The S.W.A.T team moves to the other room. The man is there, trying to open a pair of doors leading to a balcony.

"Freeze! Don't move! Drop the knife. Keep your hands where I can see 'em, Drop it! Hold it right there! Do it!" The police officer yells. The man turns around. It is Dean.

Dean's POV

~One Week Earlier-Gas Station~

We pull up into the station. "Alright, I figure we'd hit Tucumcari by lunch, then head South, hit Bisbee by midnight." I say. Sam doesn't respond. "Sam wears women's underwear." Skye says. "I've been listenin'. I'm just busy." Sam says as he is on his PalmPilot.

"Busy doin' what?" I ask. "Reading emails." He says. I get out of my car and start to fill the tank with gas. I see Skye get out. "Where are you going?" I ask. "Bathroom and getting some food also some lady supplies dummy for next week." She says.

I make a gross face. "Ew." I say as she goes in the station. "Emails from who?" I ask Sam. "From my friends at Standford." Sam says. "You're kidding. You still keep in touch with your college buddies?" I ask.

"Why not?" He asks. "Tell 'em I'm on a road trip with my big brother and his girlfriend. I tell 'em I need some time off after Jess." He says. "Oh, so you lie to 'em. And Skye isn't my girlfriend." I say. "You two sure act like a couple. And no, I just don't tell 'em...everything." Sam says.

"Yeah, that's called lying. I mean, hey, man, I get it tellin' the truth is far worse." I say. "So, what am I supposed to do, just cut everybody out of my life?" Sam asks. I shrug.

"Your serious." Sam says. "Look, it sucks, but in a job like this, you can't get close to people, period." I say. "You're kind of anti-social, you know that." Sam says. "Am not I have Skye. I just don't get to close to her." I say. But that isn't going so well. I am getting close to her.

Skye comes back. "Really I am gone 8 minutes and you two are already fighting." She says. "Are you on your..." I say. "Shut up ass clown! Not until next week." She says and I close my mouth.

"Yeah whatever." I say quietly. Skye get's in the car. I go in and pay. When I come out I get in the car. "God.." Sam says. "What?" Skye asks. "In this email from this girl, Rebecca Warren, one of those friends of mine." Sam says. "Is she hot?" I ask.

Sam ignores me and Skye hits me at the back of the head. "Ow!" I yell. "I went to school with her and her brother, Zack. She says Zack's been charged with murder. Rebecca says he didn't do it, but it sounds like the cops have a pretty good case." Sam says.

"Dude, what kind of people are you hanging out with?" I ask. "No, man, I know Zack. He's no killer." He says. "Well, maybe you know Zack as he knows you." I say. "They're in St, Louis. We're going." Sam says, I chuckle. "Look, sorry 'bout your buddy, okay? But this does not sound like our kind of problem." I say.

"It is our problem. They're my friends." He says. "Sam I'm with Dean on this one. I know he can be a dick-" I cut her off. "Hey!" I yell. She glares at me. "As I was saying. They may be your friends but people can change." She says.

"Skye's right. Besides St. Louis is four hundred miles behind us, Sam." I say. Sam gives me a look and I sigh then pull out of the gas station and drive.