Chapter Ten: Elena

Annabeth, Percy, and I made our way to the elevator. Percy spotted Hermes in the garden, he turned to me.

"I'll meet you in the elevator." he said

"You sure?" I asked.

He nodded, he kissed me softly before walking off. Annabeth and I continued on, she was already working on some plans. I laughed and hooked my arm around her shoulder.

"Gods Annie. Already?" I asked as we stopped inside the elevator.

"There's a lot of work to do Elena. Trust me Olympus is going to look even better." she was so excited.

"I got no doubt about that Annie."

She looked at me and smiled, "What?"

"Nothing just excited for you to get your present."

"Huh?"

"It's August eighteenth. Percy's going to give you your present today." she nudged me.

I laughed, "I guess I completely forgot. I think the best present is that we're all still alive."

She nodded, "yeah.." her voice trailed off.

I thought of the people you died in order to save us. Beckendorf, Silena, Luke, Percy told me about Ethan and Micheal.

Percy came in the elevator, he snaked an arm around my waist as we rode the elevator down from Olympus. We came out as Sally was arguing with the doorman that suddenly appeared.

"My son is up there!" then she saw us "Percy!" she crushed him in a hug. Then she hugged me as well.

"I saw the blue light but then you didn't come down. You went up hours ago!"

"She was getting a bit anxious." Paul said as Sally hugged Annabeth.

"We're all okay mom, I promise." Percy assured. Everything felt perfect until Nico came running from the street.

"Neeks what's wrong?" I asked.

"It's Rachel, I ran into her down 32nd street."

"Okay and?"

"It's where she is going. I told her she'd die if she tried but she took Blackjack-"

"She took my pegasus!" Percy demanded.

Nico nodded, "she headed to Camp-Half Blood."

A lot of shit went down but I'm just gonna sum up for y'all. Rachel made it through the barrier and became the new Oracle. She said it was her density and I was worried because that's what happened to May Castellan. But it worked and she came back down and immediately spoke a prophecy

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call. To storm or fire the world must fall. An oath to keep with a final breath. And foes bear arms to the doors of death.

Yeah...that one freaked me out a little bit. Dinner was weird I guess, we burned shrouds for our fallen friends. I sat down with Annabeth as she was showing me new designs for Olympus. Percy was talking with someone. But Annabeth made sure to have my full attention. I didn't know if Percy was off somewhere or not I couldn't see.

"Hey Seaweed Brain?" I asked, still looking at Annabeth's plans.

"Yeah Firefly?" his voice was somewhere in front of me.

"Can you pass me something to eat?"

"Yeah sure."

I looked up just as an apple came flying over, I caught it, "thanks."

The whole pavilion went silent, Annabeth was smiling at me "what?" I asked.

"You do know what an apple means in Ancient Greece right?"

I scoffed, "of course it means marriage...." my voice trailed off. Annabeth grabbed my arm and pulled me up.

I was spun around and right in front of me was Percy on one knee. He was holding a blue velvet box with a ring inside. It was a simple ring with a small diamond resting on the top of the band. The apple fell from my hand as I covered my mouth with my hand. Tears swam in my eyes as I looked at him.

"Elena, you are everything that I've ever wanted in my life. I didn't know that until I met you. You're my whole world and my whole life. I know that if I'm going to live in this world I want you in it, no matter what. You are the love of my life and I know I've said that a million times but it's true. So will you marry me?"

Tears streamed down my face, "Yes!" I said.

He smiled and slipped the ring on my finger. I threw myself around him. As we kissed people clapped and cheered from all around. I was spun around and in that moment I was the happiest person alive.

"I love you Firefly." he whispered.

"I love you too, Seaweed Brain, always and forever."

"Always and forever." he repeated as we kissed once more.