Chapter Nine: Percy

The bridge to Olympus was crumbling; we had to jump in order to get across. We passed under the archway and Hera's statue started to fall. It was headed right for Elena. She shrieked but Thalia lunged and pushed her out of the way. A piece of the statue landed on her leg. Thalia cried out in pain, we all knelt beside her.

"All those battles and I get defeated by a stupid chunk of rock!" she shouted and we tried to pull her out.

"It's Hera, she had in it for me all year," Elena said, "if you hadn't pushed me out of the way...Oh that bitch is gonna pay!" she shouted in outrage.

"Don't just stand there. Go!" Thalia ordered.

"We'll come back." I promised.

"Yeah well I'm not going anywhere."

"We have to run." Elena said.

"I suppose you don't mean away." Grover said hopefully.

We all sprinted to the palace. Grover clip-clopping behind us, "should've known the answer." he groaned.

We raced into the throne room. Kronos stood in the middle as he started hacking away. His laughter filled the entire room. Ethan Nakamura stood away from his master's scythe.

We slowly made our way over, Ethan saw us. "My lord." he warned.

Kronos turned to us and smiled through Luke's face, he looked the same way he did when he welcomed me. When I was twelve years old, Annabeth made a strangled gasp from behind me.

"Shall I destroy you first Jackson? You'd rather die than bow, prophecies never end well you know."

"Luke would fight me with a sword. Maybe you just don't have the skill." I snarled.

Annabeth gasped, "Percy the blade," she unsheathed her knife, "the hero's soul, cursed blade shall reap."

I was confused why she'd recite a line from the prophecy now. My instincts took over as Kronos charged. Elena and Annabeth dodged to the right. Where Ethan was standing. I felt like I was fighting a hundred swordsmen. Ethan tried to fight me as well but Elena and Annabeth intercepted him, the three of them started to fight. Kronos backed me into Hephaestus's chair, I hoped right onto the seat. The chair started to rumble, defense mode, it called. That couldn't be good, I jumped right over Kronos's head and two lightning bolts shot at Kronos.

He bellowed in rage and pain, he fell to the floor. Holding his head, Elena took over fighting Ethan as Annabeth ran over.

"Luke listen!" she yelled.

I wanted to scream that she was crazy. But Kronos flicked his hand and flew her backwards. She went flying and crashed into her mother's throne.

"Annabeth!" Elena yelled. She kicked Ethan away and charged at Kronos. He did the same movement and she crashed into her father's throne. Her body crumpled to the ground.

"Elena!" I yelled.

Ethan got to his feet and stood between Elena and I. I couldn't fight him without turning my back to Kronos. Grover played his reedpipes. He was near Annabeth and could help her but Elena was too far away. Grover couldn't move any faster without interpreting the song. Grass started to grow on the floor. Kronos stood on one knee, his hair was smoldering. Kronos reached for his sword but it didn't fly into his hands.

"Nakamura! This is the time to prove yourself. You know Jackson's weakness, kill him! And there will be rewards beyond your measure!" Kronos ordered.

Ethan's eyes drifted to my mid-back, I was sure he knew. If he couldn't kill me, all he had to do was tell Kronos. I wouldn't be able to defend myself forever. Grover had tended to Annabeth and she was getting herself up. Grover had almost made it to Elena now, the grass thickened and the roots were getting thicker.