Chapter Five: Elena

Annabeth was crying at the foot of her mother's statue. I wrapped an arm around her and did my best to comfort her.

"It's okay you didn't do anything." I whispered.

She continued crying. Percy came over and just sat in silence as I comforted our best friend. I knew it wasn't the right time to bring up Luke but I knew she thought she could've done something to change how things went.

Annabeth took a deep breath, "Percy what did Hermes mean by you bear the curse of Achilles? Hestia mentioned it as well. Oh gods...did you bathe in the River Styx."

Percy and I froze, "Maybe a little." he mentioned.

"Gods! Perseus Jackson what in the Hades were you thinking?"

Percy flinched when she said his full name. She sounded like his mother.

"I had no choice, it was the only way I stood a chance against Luke."

"What do you....di immortales. That's how Luke is able to hold Kronos. Oh gods, what were you thinking Luke?" she murmured the last part.

"Look, the point is Luke and I survived the river. Now we have to defend Olympus." Percy said changing the subject.

Annabeth nodded "you're right my mom mentioned-"

"Plan twenty-three," Percy finished.

"Yeah," she pulled out Daedalus's laptop and a couple files.

"Here it is," I looked at the files.

"Gods we have a lot of work to do." I said.

"Daedalus's inventions?' Percy asked.

"Yeah, a whole shit ton of them. If Athena wants us to use this plan. Then she must think things are very, very bad." I said, "or at least will get bad."

"Percy what about your message? 'Remember the rivers' what does that mean?" Annabeth asked.

That made me wonder about my father giving Percy his blessing. Percy already had the curse of Achilles; what more protection did he need?

The Connor Stoll burst through the door, "You need to see this. Now."

We saw the blue lights in the sky had stopped and at first I didn't see any problem. The rest of the campers had gathered at a guardrail looking down at Manhattan. The rail was lined with binoculars and you needed a golden drachma to see. Campers were using every single one.

I looked down at the city and saw everything. Something felt wrong. I just knew it. Percy grew angry, "What did they do? What do they do to my city?" he pushed my brother Micheal out of the way and looked down.

"What is it? I don't hear...anything." I said.

"People are on the streets, nothing's moving." Percy answered.

"Are they dead?" Silena asked.

I remembered the line of the prophecy and see the world in an endless sleep.

Morpheus's words rang in my ears, I'm saving my energy for the main event.

"They're not dead," I answered, "Morpheus has put the entire city to sleep. The invasion has started."

We made it back down to the ground and Argus was still there. I saw Aiden in the van. I laughed a little, his face was bloody and bruised, plus his lips were swollen from Jenna's beating.

"Argus go back to camp and defend it the best you can." Percy said.

He pointed at him, "I'm staying." Percy said.