54

Kentrell

She paced back and forth in the room with her hands on her hip. After I had told her what happened, she had been doing this for the past 5 minutes.

"Nae—"

"Uhn uhn shut up." She cut me off. She stopped in front of me and with her arms folded.

"Whyyyy the fuck would you do that."

I stretched out my arms. "You was all over me, da fuck."

"I was DRUNK. You act like you couldn't have said no or just fucking left."

"I was feelin' right. I was high as hell Nae."

She gave me a 'mhmm' look. "How the fuck we supposed to move on if you do shit like that."

"You act like it's my fuckin' fault mane." I stood up and shook my head.

"It is, what you mean?" She scrunched up her face. I smacked my teeth. Here we go again, everything gotta be my fucking fault.

She did one of them psycho laughs. I looked at her out the side of my eye. I swea' if she try some stupid shit, I'm running like hell. "You gone make me... Oouuu." She cracked her

"Yeen stupid." I shrugged.

"Stay the hell away from me. And don't touch me or none of that other shit. Yo horny ass." She mugged me. "I can't believe you bruh..."

A few seconds later, Three came back in the room with his phone to his ear.

"Aye, nigga we gotta go." He told me.

"Fuck goin' on?"

He ran his hand down his face. "He turning his self in."

"He? He who?" Nae asked.

"Kd."

––

We all stood around the room while Kd lawyer talked to us. This whole damn thang was crazy as fuck. One minute he was dead, now he alive. And now he finna go to jail.

"There's no way around this. At most he'll get 7 years. Guys..."He took off his glasses and folded his hands. "You don't just go around faking your death. I-It's insane."

He was a corny ass white dude. I was lowkey finna send one to his head.

"Okay but he did it for a reason. He wasn't safe." Nae tried to argue.

"In that case, he could've filed a restraining order."

"And what the fuck was that gonna do?! Everything that has come out your mouth has been straight bullshit. A fucking restraining order is useless." She stepped closer to the dude with her fists clenched. I moved beside her and wrapped my arm around her waist but she shoved me wit her elbow.

"Ma'am, I know you are upset. But the most I can do is try to get his sentence lowered. Maybe 2-3 years."

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me." Nae mumbled and folded her arms. I could see the tears building up in her eyes and as much as I wanted to hug her lil cry baby ass, I knew she wouldn't let me.

"I would love to sit here and explain more options, but I have another client to see. You all have a nice day." He got up with grabbed all the papers and left the room.

It was quiet as fuck in the room.

"This is dumb." Nae spoke quietly. "I mean usually when people fake their death, it's to commit fraud. He did it to protect us. And that's the fucked up thing about it. He didn't mean no harm." She said and wiped under her eyes.