20

Xavier Amere White (Zay)

"How has she been?" Amy asked me. I was helping her with the food she made for me and Braiden. She insisted only feeding her big boys, her words.

"She good Ma. She real excited about the baby. I am too though." I told her and put the plates on the table.

"I'm so happy for her. How do you feel about the situation now?" She asked me and took the chicken tenders out of the grease.

"Uhh, I'm feeling good. Now that we cool, I'm just happy to be there for her and happy to be a uncle."

Before, I was pissed off about Nae being pregnant. But now I realize that I just gotta deal with it. She needs me now and I was gone be there for her regardless. And after coming to a realization that I was being a uncle/ older cousin...I was more than happy. I was gone make sure the baby was straight and ain't have to want for nothing.

"So....When do you plan on inviting her over? So we can sit down and talk about this."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Not right now. She pregnant. Maybe a little while after the baby born."

There was something Janae didn't know. Amy is my adoptive mother. She took me in when I was young but I didn't like her because honestly...She was white. And I felt like she was go turn me into a prissy ass nigga. So I begged my aunt and uncle to take me in and I ended up staying with them and Janae. Eventually moving with Braiden. But once I got in high school, she contacted me and I decided to let her be in my life since she was still my legal parent, still is to this day.

And her and Braiden are neighbors because Braiden ain't wanna move out on his own so he figured he would live beside her just in case he needed something.

The doorbell rung and I wiped my hands on my shirt and jogged to the door. I opened it and Braiden stood here with Brailen on his hip.

"Hey LenLen." I cooed and reached for her. She giggled as I tossed her in the air. I put her on the floor and she waddled to the kitchen.

"Wassup bro." I dapped Braiden up.

"Nun much nigga. What she cooked?"

"Chicken renders and fries." I told him as we made our way into the kitchen. Brailen was already sitting up on the counter eating some fries.

"Mannn that shit ain't fair." Braiden pointed at her and smacked his teeth.

"Aht, Braiden. You know better." She said, referring to him cussing.

" She said, referring to him cussing

"Sorry, sorry." He shook his head and sat down at the table and I laughed while leaning against the wall.

"Alright." She put the plates on the table and put Brailen in her booster seat. "Ketchup, Mustard, Ranch is in the fridge." She told us. Braiden went to get the sauces while I took my phone out my pocket because it was vibrating.