2

Janae Iyana Taylor

Finishing up cleaning, I was now laying in bed, all the lights off, fan on, with Bad Girls Club on. I had my blanket pulled over half my body and I went through amazon, trying to find some more stuff to buy. Not gonna lie, knowing I had a baby coming made me wanna spoil him/her immediately. Hopefully her.

I clicked on a cute little pink onesie pack and I mentally cussed because I didn't know the gender but the pack was soooo cute.
Fuck it.
One of my friends will get pregnant and have a girl. So I went ahead and ordered it because it was on my mama card anyway so oh well.
Just as I was about to look at more baby clothes, somebody knocked on the door. I groaned because I was comfortable and cozy and now I had to get out of my spot. I got out the bed and put my tights on since I was only wearing a T-shirt. I wrapped the blanket around me and walked out the room. I went to the front door and looked through the peephole. Braiden stood on the other side with a huge smile on his face. I shook my head, opening the door.

"Yooo lil sis." He came in with his arms stretched out and I gave him a hug.

"Heyy Brai. I missed yo uglahh."

He laughed and I let him in. He jumped on the couch and face planted making me laugh.

"You goofy as fuck." I sat down, moving his legs out the way. He sat up and slumped down.

"This couch comfy bruh." He mumbled and grabbed the remote and put it on MTV. I faced him and sat indian style.

"What do you want? Poppin' up unannounced and shit."

"Damn, can't come visit my lil sis? And my niece or nephew." He poked at my stomach and I smacked his hand.

"Don't touch my kid. And thanks for the crib by the wayyyy." I pinched his cheek.

"Aye man quit with allat. But you welcome." He turned his attention back to the tv and I looked at him, wondering why he was here. It was weird for Braiden to just pop up, he always let me know when he was coming to visit.

"Braiden. For real tho, why you here?"

He smacked his teeth. "I was just coming to see you-"

"Quit lying." I held my finger up, cutting him off. He was still watching tv so I grabbed the remote and turned the tv off. I sat on the remote and waited for him to talk.

"Ight bruh damn." He sat up and let out a long sigh before leaning forward with his elbows on his knees.
"You need to talk to Zay."

I looked at him like he was talking in a different language. "What? Brai-"

"Nah like I'm deadass." He looked at me in the eyes and I could tell something was bothering him.

"I came over earlier to tell you but you weren't here so I just said I'll come back later and-"

"Braiden tell me what the fuck is wrong."

He twisted his mouth to the side. "Zay has been drinking... a lot lately. He says he feels like you mad at him. You haven't reached out to him."

I shook my head. "No. Zay chose to walk out on me, he chose to not talk to me. I shouldn't have to text him and call him, that's not my place."

"Nae can you stop being childish for one damn second?"

"That ain't being childish, that's called being independent. I don't need him or anybody else that walked out on me. And that's that." I shrugged and leaned over into the couch.

I didn't even understand why Zay felt like the victim. If that's how you feel then you should come talk to me about it. I shouldn't have to reach out to you. I love Zay, I really do. But he needs to man up.