48

Janae

Each step I took, the more my heart broke, the more tears that fell, and the more I felt my world shatter. I knew better than to leave him and take his daughter. But I was mad. And I just didn't wanna be near him.

I couldn't even reached the back door before I felt him grab my wrist and turn me around.

"You bein' real stupid right now. I'm tryin' my best to not spazz out on yo dumb ass but you really finna piss me off. Yeen taking my fucking daughter from me. Yeah, I did some fucked up shit. But you the one with the problem. You the one that's mad. So go take you a drive or sum shit to clear yo mind. You mad and shit and acting off yo anger but you need to chill. Real talk."

"I-"

"I ain't fucking done. Nah cuz you wanna be all mad and shit, right? You wanna try to take my daughter, right? Ight you expressed yo anger, my turn."He folded his arms.

"Kentrell—"

"Shut yo ass up and lemme talk." He told me, standing with his legs apart a little and his arms folded. "You act like you the only one that got a reason to be mad. Lemme ask you sumn, how would you feel if I did the same shit you did. All in another bitch face, catching feelings for her, all at her house, laying up wit her, letting her around my child, and buy shit for her, letting her play mommy to my child, WHILE I WAS STILL IN A FUCKIN' RELATIONSHIP?! Huh?!"

He yelled, getting up in my face when I didn't answer. I jumped a little and blinked back the tears.

"We... We weren't—"

"Did we break up? 100% ended the relationship? We ain't never fuckin' broke up our entire relationship. You was just bein' hoe bruh. Mad cuz I wasn't there but how the FUCK was I supposed to know if yeen tell me. I had to find out you was pregnant my damn self when you coulda just told me from the start."

He nodded. "So yeah, maybe I went to far. But put yo self in my damn shoes. I been dealing with you being all friendly with that nigga for months. Even after we got back on good terms, you was still texting him. Think I ain't notice? So if you wanna be a hoe, do that while you single. Let me know right now if that's what you wanna do. Cuz I'll let you go right now. You wanna be single?"

I looked at him, then at Three who was scratching the back of his head. He looked around to act like he was listening but the whole damn neighborhood probably knew.

I shook my head and heard him chuckle.

"Nah. You know what... Maybe that's what we need. Couple months apart. You do you and I do me. And if that's what we want, we keep it that way." He shrugged. "But you still ain't taking Leah."

I cleared my throat. "So... So what? We breaking up right now?"

He tucked his hands in his pockets and nodded. "Yeah."

Couldn't say I wasn't hurt. But he was right. Maybe some time apart was best. And at that moment, I actually regretted ever meeting Cortez. Because if it wasn't for him and me being stupid, we wouldn't be in this predicament.

I nodded also and wiped my eyes. "Okay.Uh..." I sniffed. "Cool."

Nothing else was said between use for about 30 seconds. Until he turned around and left. Without a word. Him and Three walked out of the backyard, closing the gate behind them. I took a deep breath but as soon as I let it out, I broke down into tears.

I felt two pairs of arms wrap around me tightly. Although the hug was comforting, it wasn't enough to stop me from crying.