Chapter 12: Sacrifices and feelings

Sasuke wanted to kill.

Kill.

He gently cradled the girl's head in his lap. He was very conscious of all the senbons that were stuck on her, like she was a pin cushion. Her breathing was soft and almost unnoticeable.

Sasuke's dark bangs covered his face as he looked down. Sakura couldn't see his expression.

But the teardrops that landed on her face gave it away.

Her eyes widened.

Even though he vowed to kill his brother, he still wasn't able to suppress the grief that was caused by the passing of someone he cared for.

And he cared for Sakura as a teammate, a friend too.

But deep in his heart, he knew he cared for her more than a friend.

Her expressive green eyes slowly dropped down, and her hands held no more strength. She was running low on her chakra to store into her Yin seal. Sakura knew she wouldn't die of such injuries, but she cannot risk the chance of her Byakugou Seal's power being revealed.

And being in her love's arms completely numbed her.

"Why, why would you even do that...!" He seethed. The tears on his face already gone, only left their trails along his pale face.

"I don't k-know, my b-body just m-moved on its own. I-l guess it's fine for a t-teammate I care f-for.

"a-and also s-someone that I-"

Sasuke's breath hitched.

Sakura felt darkness slowly consuming her.

'Haku, I understand your motivation now.' She thought.

Sasuke's heart stopped.

He shook her violently by the shoulder, but no response came from the pink haired girl.

"SAKURA. WAKE UP."

"SAKURA!"

Her eyes still remained closed, and Sasuke noticed her long eyelashes. Her pale cheeks had blood splatters all over. Her frail figure was still and stiff.

Sasuke trembled as he clutched her body close to his.

"Sakura, if you don't survive how would you see h-him again." He murmured against her hair.

"SAKURA-CHAN, TEME! Kakashi-sensei told me to come here, he can handle Zabuza by himself now!" Naruto jumped into the field behind Sasuke with his clothes dirtied from the fight before.

"Teme, where's Sakura-chan?"

Then he saw the trembling form of his rival, and the pink blob of hair with tainted red ends.

His cheery smile was wiped off his face in an instant. He watched the Uchiha carefully stood up, while princess carrying their female teammate.

"Y-you.. What h-happened to Sakura-chan?!"

He didn't answer and just walked silently passed him, his bangs covered his eyes.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO SAKURA-CHAN!"

"She died."

Both of the boys' attention were drawn towards the voice that came from under the debris and rubbles that were from the fight.

Haku shakily stood up.

"I killed her."

And red chakra instantly surrounded Naruto.

***

Her mouth was parted and Sasuke felt drawn towards them, his sight lingered on her soft and pink lips. A feeling came within him, urging him to place his lips on hers. But he quickly shook that thought away. But a faint pink still remained on his pale cheeks.

'What am I thinking?'

Sasuke didn't know how to describe the feelings inside him right now, he feels relief, regret and anger.

Relief that she's alive.

Regret that he wasn't the one protecting her.

Anger that why she risked her life for him. Him out of all people.

But now he just felt it's best to just let her rest for a while.

***

Naruto's eyes widened in recognition. He pointed at Haku.

"Y-you are the boy I met in the forest."

Haku's mask is now completely off, with his feminine features in display. And Naruto is back in control of his emotions

"I really admire you and your friends. By the way, your pink haired teammate is not dead. I avoided all the fatal chakra points so right now she's just unconscious."

"I admit my defeat, so please kill me since I'm no more use to Zabuza-san."

But then Haku's eyes widened at the sight of Kakashi's Chidori aiming towards Zabuza's heart.

And he disappeared in a flash.

***

Things went along as they did in the past timeline, Inari convinced the villagers to come and fight off Gato and his henchmen.

But Zabuza and Haku sadly passed away like they did before.

The bridge was built successfully and was named as The Team 7 Bridge. And Team 7 was getting ready to leave the Land of Waves.

"Hey, Kakashi-sensei. I heard from Sasuke" Her eyes flashed towards the said boy, but he avoided her gaze. She frowned.

She turned back to Kakashi.

"Ummm-about when I was unconscious. Is it ok for me to go and see Haku and Zabuza? I didn't... really..."

"Of course, Sakura." Kakashi smiled.

She stood in front of Kubikiribocho with its gorgeous form reflecting the sunset, the gentle breeze blowed some petals on her bouquet onto the two domes of earth. Sakura closed her eyes.

"When he was in danger, I realised that he was my most important person, and I will never stop loving him. Haku, now I really do understand your motivation to protect someone precious to you," She gave a soft smile.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry that I couldn't change both of your fates. I couldn't do anything." She choked out.

She placed her flowers down and turned around, her pink hair flowing behind her and her face full of determination.

"But I'm definitely going to make a difference in the upcoming Chuunin Exams."

Wow I finished the Land of Waves arc! Now next is the chuunin exams!

I'm really looking forward to writing about the forest of death lol.

anyways thank u for all your support and comments :) 

From Author-chan