Chapter 5: Nostalgia

"I WAS HERE FIRST!"

The former ANBU raised an eyebrow at the panting boys. He stared at them as they bickered.

Uchiha Sasuke. The raven-haired prodigy and major heartthrob. The survivor of the Uchiha clan massacre, one of the two last Uchiha's. In his profile it said that he is above average for Taijutsu, above average for Genjutsu, above average for Ninjutsu, had very good chakra control and very good stamina.

'So, he's aiming for revenge?'

Haruno Sakura. The pink haired girl said to be a big fan girl of Sasuke. She is average for Taijutsu, average for Ninjutsu, above average for Genjutsu, excellent chakra control and poor stamina.

'Hmmm according to Iruka that this might not be the case.'

He's attention was captured by her purple diamond the first time he saw her, her pastel pink hair stood out amongst the other graduates. Kakashi was intrigued by this girl.

Uzumaki Naruto. The hyper blonde ninja who scored last in his year level. He is average for Taijutsu, below average for Ninjutsu, below average for Genjutsu, average chakra control and excellent stamina.

'Hmmm the Kyuubi's jinchuriki.'

Kakashi's gaze turned to Sakura again, silently observing her.

"Heh, it was this young lady who was here first." He stood up dusting his pants. The boys finally saw the flower haired girl that had been sitting down for a while now. Sasuke glared at her while plopping down on the right side of Naruto, while Sakura was on the other side of him.

"So, let's introduce ourselves. Your name, your likes and dislikes, your hobbies and share a dream that you have."

"Sensei, you look suspicious so why don't you start?" Naruto commented. Sasuke had a nonchalant expression on.

Sakura's tears threatened to fall, Kakashi's death was a big blow to her. He was a great teacher, even though he mainly focused more on Sasuke and Naruto's training than her, but she was grateful for everything he did. He kept her company, made her laugh with his jokes and comments, he was like a father figure to Sakura. Now hearing his voice again made her feel so happy.

Kakashi seem to have noticed her mood change, his black eyes focused her face.

"Very well, I'll start with myself."

"My name is Hatake Kakashi. Things I like and things I hate... I don't feel like telling you that. My hobbies? ... I have lots of hobbies. As for my dreams for the future...never really thought about it."

"Hey what was the point of that, he only told us his name!" Naruto whispered to his teammates, Sasuke silently agreed while Sakura was deep in thought.

Hatake Kakashi

The painful memories flooded her mind once again, her sensei sacrificing his life for theirs. He died as a brave shinobi. Sakura thought she would never see that mask of his, eyes crinkling when reading his "literature", the lame excuses whenever he was late. But at the sight of her old sensei, she felt mixed emotions of sadness, relief, happiness and regret.

"Ok the blonde one you go next."

"I'm Uzumaki Naruto! I like instant ramen in a cup, and I really like the ramen Iruka Sensei got me at the Ichiraku's! But I hate the three minutes you have to wait after you pour the water in the ramen cup. My hobby is eating different kinds of ramen and comparing them. My future dream is to be the greatest Hokage! Then the whole village will stop disrespecting me and start treating me like I'm somebody. Somebody important!"

Sakura had a tiny smile on her face. Sasuke scoffed.

"Emo looking one, your turn."

Sasuke gave him a glare.

"My name is Uchiha Sasuke. I hate a lot of things, and I don't particularly like anything. What I have is not a dream, because I will make it a reality. I'm going to restore my clan, and kill a certain someone."

The tension in the air was clearly visible now, with all four of them being incredibly quiet.

"Umm, pinky you next."

"Don't call me pinky, sensei."

"My name is Haruno Sakura. I like dangos and- ...I hate traitors, people who are too full of themselves and other things. As for my hobbies, I like to read medical books and training. My dream is to protect my village from harm and become the best kunoichi in the world."

Her face fell when she was about to say the Uchiha's name. She loved him so much and will never stop doing so. But his death scene was so painful to her. She felt stares being directed at her.

Sasuke noticed the slight change of her expression when she hesitated.

'Very interesting, this one. I wonder what the thing was she cut off when she was talking about her likes and dislikes. Anyway, she was completely different from her description on the files.'

"So now that we are finished. We're going to begin a mission tomorrow."

"What is it sensei?"

"Survival training."

"Survival training? What's that sensei?"

"Every year we do this training. Out of the 27 graduates from this year, only 9 are going to become Genins. The others will be sent back to the academy. So, in other words this test has a dropout rate of 66%."

"Anyway, bring your ninja gears tomorrow and meet me at 5 am."

Naruto tensed. Sasuke turned to look at Kakashi and Sakura look down on the ground.

"Oh, forgot to mention, don't eat breakfast or you will puke."

After he said that, he poofed away again without a trace.

"Sakura-chan do you want to come to Ichiraku's with me." Naruto fidgeted with his fingers, cheeks with a pink dust on them.

The said girl turned around and looked at him. She opened her mouth,

"Sorry Naruto but I want to train. Maybe we can do this some other time."

The boy looked disheartened, but he managed to give Sakura a toothy smile.

"It's fine dattebayo."

"See you tomorrow then Sakura-chan!" He ran off while waving to the girl.

Sasuke had a weird feeling stirring inside him when Naruto asked her. That feeling made him feel pissed at Naruto for a reason that he didn't know. He silently let out a breath that he wasn't aware that he was holding when Sakura politely declined Naruto's invitation.

There were only two of them now. A comfortable silence was in the air.

"Sakura."

She turned her head towards him.

"What were you going to say that you didn't continue in your introduction."

Sakura's eyes widened. No words came out from her mouth. In her past life, Sasuke was never interested in her.

His onyx eyes were fixed on her, seeking an answer. Sakura's heart skipped a beat.

She walked a few steps ahead of him with her hands clasped together behind her back. She smiled at herself while staring at the sky.

"Someone precious. Someone who I will always love."

Sasuke felt a pang in his heart at her words.

Hehehe sorry for the late update.

SASUSAKU moment in this chapter!

I will be a bit busy. So I will update whenever I have time.

Thank you for the votes ;)

Peace out!