Chapter 6: His confusion

Sakura woken up with sweat beads forming on her forehead. It was the same nightmare again, the scene of her loved ones dying in front her repeating, haunting her. She groaned, running a hand through her hair. It was only half an hour until 5 am. Sakura knew that Kakashi won't be there for another one or two hours, but she was too afraid to go back to sleep again. So, she grabbed her ninja gear, a sandwich and left her house for the bridge.

No one was there when she arrived, so she took out her medical ninjutsu book and sat down next to a tree.

A pair of onyx eyes focused on her.

"How did you know how to do that?"

Sakura cursed for not noticing his chakra signature.

"What are you talking about?" She looked calm on the surface, but inside her heart was drumming against her chest.

"You know what I'm talking about." Sasuke leaned against the tree.

"That time when I fought you. Medical ninjutsu and the chakra control you have there, they are not the skills of a mere genin." His eyes stared intensely at her face.

Sakura gulped, she avoided his gaze and focused at the ground.

"I trained in my spare time. I found out that I can enhance my chakra control more for it to be used in combat and medical purposes."

Sasuke kept his gaze on her.

"What are you hiding. Sakura."

She flinched and her eyes widened; while her mouth was dry.

"I-I don't know what you are talking about." She mumbled.

"Tch. Just forget it." Sasuke turned around with his hands in his pockets.

It wasn't long until Naruto arrived, and it took 3 hours to wait for Kakashi.

"Sorry I'm late, I saw this black cat and I had to-

"LIAR!"

Sakura and Naruto shouted at their sensei while Sasuke just scoffed.

"Ok, ok. Let's just get started." He took out two bells and dangled them in front of the trio.

"Your aim is to take these bells from me. You have a set time to do so, which is until lunch."

"But sensei, there are three of us and there are only two bells."

"Exactly, so one of you will definitely fail. The one failed to get a bell will be sent back to the academy and he/she will be tied to a pole while the other two eat their lunches in front of him/her."

"You old man, is that why you told us not to eat breakfast?!" Naruto pointed an accusing finger at the Jounin.

Kakashi had an evil glint in his eyes, a sinister smile appeared on his mask.

"Yes Naruto, that's exactly the reason. Now I want you to come at me with the intent to kill."

"Now when I say start you may-

He was interrupted by Naruto's shadow clones swinging their fists at him. He dodged with ease.

"My my, you are so impatient. I haven't said start yet."

"NOW START!"

Sakura and Sasuke masked their chakras and hid in the trees while Kakashi and Naruto soon engaged in a Taijutsu battle. A swarm of clones aimed wild shots at the silver haired man. Kakashi just tilted his body and dodged the fists. He shook his head in disappointment and his hand reached for his back pocket. Naruto grinned as he thought Kakashi was finally going to take him seriously, instead he found him taking out a little orange book and flipped to a page. 

Naruto gritted his teeth and charged at Kakashi with his fist ready to swing at him. Kakashi just stepped to the side, grabbed his arm and turned him around, doing this all without taking his eyes off the book. He made a tiger sign and changed into a squat position. Naruto muttered a curse as he waited for a powerful jutsu from the Jounin.

"Leaf Village Secret Finger Jutsu: One Thousand Years of Death!" He took his hands and struck Naruto in the butt.

Sakura rolled her eyes at the familiar sight of orange flying. She sensed Sasuke's chakra not far from hers. She landed next to him.

"Hey, do you want to help me to gang up on sensei? With Naruto as well." She whispered to the Uchiha.

"No, you and the Dobe would just slow me down. I will defeat him and get a bell by myself." He coldly responded and disappeared deeper into the woods. Sakura grabbed a fistful of her hair.

"Ugh, why did I even fall in love with that arrogant attitude of his?!" She wondered out loud. Then she realised something weird.

'Wait a sec, where's my inner?'

'Could it be that time travel affected the mind of this younger version of me as well? If not, wouldn't inner still be here?!'

'Never mind, I will think about this later. Need to focus on the bell test first.'

Her train of thought was interrupted by a desperate cry from her loud teammate.

Naruto was dangling from a rope that was tied to a tree. Sakura just facepalmed and threw a kunai at the rope and Naruto crash landed with a thump.

"Thanks a lot Sakura-chan!"

"Now Naruto do you want to-

"Got to go and find that old man so yeah, bye!"

"team up with me..."

But the orange jumpsuit was nowhere in sight.

Sakura stomped away angrily. Suddenly she heard a rustle in the bush. Sasuke came out with several kunais and shurikens imbedded in his body and numerous gashes bleeding.

"S-Sakura... Help me..." He said with blood rushing out from his mouth.

Sakura winced, but remained unfazed. Seeing Sasuke hurt like this, even as a Genjutsu was traumatizing for her. She took a deep breath.

"Kai."

The image faded away in the wind.

Sakura then found Sasuke captured by the Earth Style: Headhunter jutsu. Only his head was seen poking out from the ground. She tried so hard not to laugh, but a few snickers and giggles escaped. Sasuke just shot her a glare and mumbled something incoherent.

"Do you want my help?" She bended down to his eye level.

His ears were tinted red of embarrassment. Cheeks a faint pink because of the closeness of their faces. Sasuke turned his head away and muttered a yes.

He didn't know why his face felt warm.

Sakura grinned. Took a few steps back, she swung her palm up which was coated in chakra and slammed it onto the ground. A crack was made big enough for the boy to get out. He dusted himself and left without a word.

The alarm rang. The boy and the girl headed towards the tree stumps together.

And during this period of time from their way back, Sasuke didn't look at Sakura at all.

Hehehehe SasuSaku moment right there. 

Peace out ;)