Chapter 21

Like every building collapses when one of its pillars is removed, everyone thought that Marauders will break after the traitor was found and thrown into Azkaban after Dumbledore had made sure he won't speak of anything he knew to anyone. Everyone thought it was the end of the infamous Marauders who had sticked together ever since their first ride on Hogwarts Express. They were wrong. The Marauders bounced back stronger. After drinking up their anger and sorrow, no one mentioned the traitor again. It was more or less Peter's fault that in order to serve his master, he had distanced himself from his friends so much that they didn't miss his physical presence. And after his failed attempt to hurt Lily and her child, they would be damned if they even let a single good thought about him cross their mind. It was simple. Peter Pettigrew was dead for them. However Voldemort was not. And something needed to be done about it.

It was the sixth of March , two days since, Hermione told everyone her truth. Two days since Severus had moved into her house with James, Lily , Remus and Sirius moving in next door. No one knew about Remus and Hermione yet. There wasn't a time to tell them. With Introducing Severus into the group, it had already been a tiring couple of days. The only thing everyone noticed was that they were back to how they were together (she hadn't realised that they already acted like couples). Only Severus seemed to notice them but that would be expected since he was all the time in her house.

As expected, the boys hadn't taken well with Severus. And he was not a help either. It seemed like it was difficult for them to be present in a room without throwing jabs at each other. However, with Lily and Hermione's insistence they had agreed to not be enemies. It was when Remus muttered an apology to Severus that the later decided it was an opportunity to embarrass Hermione.

"Severus, I apologize for my actions that day." Remus had said solemnly.

"Are you?" Severus said , tilting his head to his right. "I thought you enjoyed it pretty much. I could hear kissing and moaning outside my door for several minutes." He said and both parties turned red.

"What!" Sirius exclaimed.

"Wasn't it the day before you said Remus was sleeping in your…" Lily was saying. "Oh my god. You both slept together… you.. you.."

"Shagged?" Sirius finished for her.

"Its none of your business, Padfoot." Remus smacked his head but wasn't able to hide the genuine smile that lit his face .

"Look at his face , Sirius. Isn't Moony looking smug. Seems like Mione is pretty good.."

"Shut up James." Hermione yelled. "Why would you do that Sev?" She asked.

"What did I do?" Severus said.

"Leave him and tell me. Why would you do that, Hermione Granger? You didn't tell me. ME. Your friend. How could you?" Lily said dramatically.

Hermione was blushing so much that it was difficult to form proper sentence.

"Leave her , all of you, will you!" Remus said for her. But Sirius was in no mood to listen.

"What was the name of your professor Hermione, the werewolf one?" He asked.

Hermione wanted the floor to swallow her. Oh God, she knew where it was going.

"You are thinking what I am thinking!" James yelled in excitement.

"I know a werewolf, who loves DADA, who will be just the age of a professor in twenty years, who is kind and gentlemanly.." Sirius said.