Chapter 20

When Remus woke up , he for once thought he was in his room in Lunarville. It was still early and he was not a morning person. He wanted to sleep more and snuggled closer to whatever was beside him. She felt warm against him. Her hair tickled him as he nuzzled her neck and felt her humming in content on his touch. She curled back against him as he rested his arm on the smooth skin of her stomach.

It felt wonderful being there with her. He didn't know what he had done to be so lucky to have such an amazing witch curled up against him. For all his life, he had felt unfortunate, the first and last time , he thought himself to be fortunate was when he found out his friends had turned themselves into animagi for him. And now he felt lucky again for having this witch with him. He had thought if she was not revolted by his lycanthropy, she would surely not like to see the scars that crisscrossed all over his body. In the past when he had had one nighters with witches, he would glamour his scars but yesterday he had forgotten to glamour himself. He had felt his confidence wash away when he saw her scaring at his scars. And had tried to hide them. But she suddenly grabbed his hand with one hand and placed another one on his chest over the longest scar, the next moment she had uttered those words that made his chest swell tenfold.

"You are beautiful Remus. They are beautiful." She had whispered tracing a long scar that ran from his left shoulder to his navel. It was a faint line just lighter than his skin. "These tell your story. These are all your sufferings and your pain, these are you, Remus. Don't hide them. There is nothing about them to hide. If someone doesn't like them, they are pathetic and doesn't deserve a good man like you." And then she had kissed him. Remus was happy. He was the happiest man. And he knew he was in love with this witch.

"Morning." Hermione said as he continued to trace pattern on her skin.

He shook his head from where his face was buried in the crook of her neck.

"Not yet." With that he pulled her closer, if that was even possible, and both drifted off once again in the realm of sleep , both too exhausted from the activities of last night.

The next time Hermione woke up, she was still wrapped in his arms. She slowly removed herself from his embrace and with a kiss on his forehead and left for the bathroom.

When she stepped into the living room, James and Sirius had thrown themselves on the counch and were snoring loudly. Lily was in the kitchen preparing breakfast.

"Morning , Lils." She said as she poured herself a cup of tea.

"Soooooooooo. What happened yesterday!"

Hermione blushed crimson.

"What part of yesterday."

"After I fell asleep." She asked , raising an eyebrow at her.

"Oh!" Hermione felt stupid. How would anyone know, apart from Severus. "Well, They came back very late. James and Sirius were very drunk and passed out on the couch. And a guest came here."

"Guest? Who?" Lily asked.

"I will tell you later. First I need to take some potion for the guest. Why don't you give some Sober up potion to those two." She said.

"Where is Remus?" Lily asked looking around for him.

"In my room." She saw the surprised look on her face and left her before she was bombarded with questions.