Chapter 4

Hermione knew she was dead. There was no way for the pain to stop otherwise and the pain had stopped. Whatever Draco had done, he had saved her. Maybe now I would see Harry , Ron and everyone else, she thought.
However, her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a voice next to her.

"She just stirred." A panicked voice said. It was familiar and she was suddenly filled with warm. Even if she wasn't dead. She was safe with people she knew.

"James, go inform the Order." A woman said. Her voice had the same warmth that Molly had. It made her want to cry for the woman who was a second mother to her. A single tear escaped her.

"You are awake?" Another voice said which made her snap her eyes open.

Standing infront of her was Sirius Black. Although he looked younger and complete. His twelve years in Azkaban had left him hollowed. Remus has always said that he was a shell of the man he used to be. He looked handsome and more like the heir of Noble House of Black that he was.

"Like what you see, kitten?" He asked. Again Hermione was taken back since this was what he had called her during their stay in Grimmauld Palace.

"I.. you look like someone I know." She said.

"Definitely I am the more handsome one." He puffed his chest. 

Hermione nodded and looked down at her hand to see another hand in it. She had been holding it tightly. The hand was attached to a sandy haired man with bluish green eyes. She was surprised to see her ex professor look so handsome. It wasn't that Remus was not handsome in future. But whenever they had talked about the Marauders , he made it clear that James and Sirius were the more good looking and she wish she could see the older Remus just to tell him how wrong he was. He was as good looking as Sirius, if not more.
She remembered that she still was holding his hand and released him.

"I am sorry." She mumbled an apology.

"Its alright." He smiled at her softly.

"What is the date today?" She asked.

"23rd January 1980. You landed here on the 2nd." He told her.
'Merlin's Beard, I had been twenty years in the past for almost a month now. But how did I come here? I had no time turner on me', Hermione wondered .

"Huh?" She asked an inpatient Sirius, who was waving a hand infront of her.

"You name Kitten?"

"Her.. Hermione Granger." Though her mind was reprimanding her for meddling in time, her heart told her a different story. If her being in the past destroyed the future, then let it be. The future held nothing to protect. 'Make the world a better place' Draco had said. She would honor his last wish. She had knowledge that others didn't possess, here Dumbledore was alive and rest of the others as well. She looked at the two young men infront of her who were not long out of Hogwarts and promised herself that , she would finish the war before it started, no one will have to die unnecessarily.

Lily came to the room and announced that the order was downstairs. Remus offered to help her out but she declined politely. She had been independent for long enough to feel crippled in needing help to walk. Also, the fact that her wand was not here with her , proved that these people didn't trust her. As she stood on her feet, she winced. Her body was still sore.

By the time she went downstairs, she was out of breath and exhausted. Remus pulled a chair for her and she sat down beside him. Infront of her she could see many unknown faces , Sirius, Remus , Dumbledore, McGonagall and Moody being the only one she recognised.
Beside Remus sat a man who had an uncanny similarity to Harry. Beside him was a woman with flaming red hair and emerald green eyes that hermione knew full well. She couldn't help but smile at the irony that Harry was recognised by these things and here she was recognising James and Lily with those. Next to Lily sat a Blonde hair witch and a brown haired wizard. There were two similar looking men beside Sirius who was on her other side. And finally there was a platinum blonde witch with blue eyes.

"Miss Granger, we were all surprised by your sudden arrival and the fact that you seemed to recognise a certain member of ours." Dumbledore pointed his head towards Remus.

Hermione didn't recall identifying Remus and was glad that this fact didn't compromise the cover she had chosen for herself. It wouldn't do her no good if people were to doubt her or force Veritaserum on her. She had the knowledge that would destroy the world if fell in wrong hands. Though she trusted Dumbledore, but over the years she knew she was manipulative and didn't care about anything but greater good.

"Professor Dumbledore, if I may call you so sir" she asked.

There was a twinkling in the old man's eyes and she felt proding in her mental walls. She firmly pushed him away. The man was really an old coot as the older Ron said.

"I will ve much willing to talk if you stop trying to get into my head." He chuckled on being told and withdrew from her mind.

"Forgive an old man his curiosity." He said, "and call me Albus."

"Albus." She nodded at him and started her story. "My name is Hermione Granger. I am a seer. I had recently had seen something which holds the power to win this war. However, before I could even think it through, the Death Eaters found out. I was tortured for information in hope that I will tell them my vision." She told them the story she had forged in hope it would give her reason to know the future that she did so well.

"And why should we believe you?" Moody asked.

"I knew you wouldn't Alastor." She said. Though surprised on being identified by the young woman, he wasn't taken back. He was an Auror and maybe she could have heard about him. "Constant Vigilance, isn't it? I know things about you, Dumbledore, Minerva, James and Lily, Sirius and Remus. Sorry I haven't seen you all before." She told the other people in the room. The name she had taken were all surprised.

"And what makes you think you know all of us?" Sirius asked.

"I know you had muggle posters in your bedroom in Grimmauld Palace." She said.

"Anyone from my family could tell you that. That makes you a death eater." He said.

Hermione thought for a while. She didn't want to say anything about their animagi or Remus' lycanthropy.
"How about, I solemnly swear I am upto no good." She said after a while.

The faces of the Marauders turned ashen white. While the others looked in confusion.
"I know about the greater good and what it cost you." She said which made Dumbledore lose the twinkle in his eyes.
"I know that the boy who lived in Spinners end told you that you are a witch. He and you snuck in to see a letter your sister had written to Dumbledore. I won't take the name of the boy." Hermione told Lily and on her last sentence gave a pointed glance towards James.

Lily nodded. "There is no way anyone would know that. I haven't told even James."

"What are you hiding from us?"  James asked.

"Nothing important. Just something from past." Hermione said before Lily had the time to look uncomfortable. She gave Hermione a thankful glance.

"So do I need to tell you people something more or are you satisfied?"

"I trust you."

"I find no reason for you to know what you know if you didn't have the sight." Dumbledore said.

"We believe you." The marauders said in once. Though each of them wondered what she had said about Dumbledore to make him believe.

"I suggest Veritaserum." Moody said clearly not believing her still.

"On one condition." She said.

"And why would we agree ?" The blond with blue eyes asked.

"Listen her , Marlene." Lily said

"I don't want you to ask any precise question about anything I know. "

"Why it can be helpful if you know how to defeat him." The man whom Hermione identified to be Frank Longbottom, Neville's Dad said.

"Mr. Longbottom, I will give you parts of my knowledge whenever you may need it. But giving out too much right now can be dangerous. So if you promise to let the person of my choice ask the question and not ask anything irrelevant, I agree to the truth serum." She said.

After a small discussion during which Hermione was shown out of the room, they agreed.

"Who do you want to interrogate you?"