Chapter 13

Next morning, Hermione found herself and Lily in Diagon Alley.

"Hermione, you really don't have to move out , you know that right?" Lily asked.

Hermione smiled at the kind woman next to her, Lily really was rare. "I know Lils. I just want a place of my own."

Gringotts stood tall and proud in the intersection of Knocturn Alley and Diagon Alley. Lastly she had been here, things hadn't turned out to be pretty. She was a convict and best friend of the Undesirable No. 1 , They were betrayed by Griphook, had to escape on a dragon and had to take part in the final battle , all in the same day. Yes, Hermione had some doubts about coming to Gringotts and facing the goblins but it was necessary if she had to settle down in this new era. She needed a vault of her own, she needed a house and she needed some work to do to earn a living. Lucky for her, Harry had emptied his vault and placed all his money in goblin made purse which now rested in her bag. They had feared that since Harry was made a major convict his vault could be seized and his funds used by the death eaters. So Hermione had enough money with her to set up a living for herself in this time.

They stopped infront of reception were the head goblin was writing something with a quill in his hand. As they approached him, he look at them down his pointed nose.

"How can I help you?"

"We would like to buy a cottage , sir." Lily said politely.

The head goblin called another goblin called Nagnork, "Nagnork will assist you Mrs. Potter,.." He looked at Hermione curiously and Hermione could feel her palm sweat. She knew that Goblins were barbaric and if they knew what she had done to Gringotts in future, she didn't want to think that. Besides he just wanted to know her name.

"Hermione Granger sir." She told respectfully.

"Nagnork assist Mrs. Potter and Miss Granger." With that said, he returned back to her scribbling.

Nagnork reminded Hermione too much of the goblin Ragnork who had assisted her and her parents when they had first come to the Gringotts. After going through six different cottages and flats that were in the care of Goblins, Lily finally approved of one cottage. It was five minute walk from Godric's Hollow and had a small field in front of it. Though it was barren , Lily had said that she knew some charms that can turn the soil fertile and they can make a beautiful garden. The house had cost them ten thousand galleons which include goblin protective charms on the cottage.

"You know what it means Mione," Lily exclaimed as she made the payment.

"what does it means , Lils." She asked amused.

"We can live together. The boys are moving us to our cottage in Godric's hollow after I have the baby." She said excitedly. "We can make the wards cover both our houses. Me and James, You and Remus , and Sirius and Peter with their wives together in one place. Though I doubt Sirius will marry anyone."

"whoa Lily , stop there. I and Remus aren't together." She couldn't hide the disappointment in her voice.

Lily noticed it too.

"Give him time Mione. He is new to all of this. That man is too good. He has always underestimated his worth. He just thinks that you wouldn't want someone like him in your life."

"I kissed him Lily. What else should I do to show him that I like him." She said sarcastically.

"Like I said give him time."

Hermione opened an account with the help of Nagnork and deposited the one million galleons she had in that account. Nagnork was surprised to see the woman carrying so much gold on her self but didn't ask any questions as he opened her account.

Hermione wanted to go home , she was afraid that Lily might be exhausted. She really was sixteen week pregnant. However Lily wanted to go shop for furniture and unable to argue with the redhead , Hermione found herself, two hours later, carrying many shrunken furniture. She was tired and yet had a meeting to attend to. She decided that she would furnish her house later that night.

As they walked in back into the house, the boys welcomed them with a cup of ttea.

"Though you girls might never return. Where had you been?" Sirius asked.

Hermione had asked to not tell anyone until she buys the house and therefore Remus and Sirius knew nothing about it.

"You are going to tell them or I shall?" lily asked with childlike excitement.

Not wanting to rob her of her joy, hermione waved her to carry on. She noticed the two extra people in their company. She took the chair beside one of the Prewett brother. Remus was strategically sitting between James and Sirius.

"Mione bought a house of her own." She announced happily.

"Wow kitten." Sirius said throwing his arm around her. "Did you wish to get rid of me?" though Sirius didn't say it, she could hear the unspoken question, was it because of remus?

"You know that you will keyed to my house' ward. And I am going to be spending most of my time wherever you all are. I can never have enough of Sirius Black." She winked at him.

Sirius smiled goofily at her.

Remus felt the knot in his chest almost relax. He had thought that hermione was going away because of him but if she was staying in Lunarville during day then she wasn't really going away. He almost felt better. Almost. Because Fabian Prewett chose this moment to speak.

"Congratulation, Miss Granger. I don't think we have been introduced, I am Fabian , thought you may call me more handsome one of the prewett twins." He said as he took her hand and brushed his lips on her growled inside him, his anger only fueled by the blush that appeared on Hermione's face.

"Call me Hermione."

"How about My. It is much shorter." Fabian winked at her.

Mine Moony growled. But Remus kept himself stiff on his place. His eyes cast downwards.

"I prefer Hermione better."

"Or Kitten." Sirius added. And Remus could never be more thankful as Sirius pulled her closer to him and away from Fabian who had been inching towards her. It took all his will to prevent himself from glaring daggers at his fellow order member. Sirius whispered something in her ear as they both got up.

"Excuse us." Hermione said politely. "We have a meeting."

"See you soon, then." Fabian said in a tone that meant he will indeed see her soon. Gideon merely nodded at her direction. Remus looked at James who looked equally worried about them. Though Hermione had promised them that it wasn't dangerous, they still couldn't help it.