Chapter 7

Hermione woke up to the sound of someone throwing up. The years in run with her boys had taught her to be cautious of even the faintest sounds. She moved down the doorway to find Lily throwing up. She went quickly to her side and held her hair back.
After a while, she pulled back.

"Thanks Mione." The honesty in those green eyes and the nickname made her remember Harry. "Sorry , It must be a disgusting view to wake up to." She said misreading her expression.

"Oh no. Not at all." She waved her hand at her. "Its just the Nickname. My best friends call me that." She gave her a sad smile.

"If it bothers you, I won't..."

"Its fine , Lily."

The smile on Lily's face was priceless.

"Why don't you go and rest while I make breakfast." She offered.

"Oh no Mione. I can't ask that of you." Lily looked exhausted and Hermione knew in her condition she could do with some extra pampering.

"I won't take no for an answer. I am cooking. I will take care of cleaning. You may come downstairs after breakfast. Not before it." She ordered in her bossy voice that she often used on Harry to complete his essay.

"Thank you." She hugged. "Its so good to have a girl in here. The boys love me. But if I leave it on them , the house will be in pieces."

"You don't have to worry. Just rest."

By the time Hermione was done with the breakfast, three grumpy looking boys made their way to the kitchen.

"Hermione, where is Lily?" Sirius asked looking around.

"She is resting." Hermione said and placed two plates on a tray, "James why don't you and Lily have breakfast in your bed. She will feel good." She told him.

"Mione, you know you are amazing. Lily-flower is always complaining that I do nothing for her any longer." He said transfiguring a broccoli in a bouquet of roses.

"Then I suggest you take her out for dinner."

"An excellent idea." James beamed at her as he leviated the tray upstairs.
She turned her attention towards the two boys infront of her. Sirius was shirtless showing off his muscles and tattoos, typical Sirius Black and she rolled her eyes at him.

"How about a dinner for ourselves, kitten, we can do other things I am good at afterwards ?" He asked with a suggestive smirk.

"Do you want to survive your lunch or not." She asked and taking his shock as a yes she added, "then don't flirt with me or I will poison it."

Remus chuckled at his friends shocked expression who recollected himself and said with a loop sided grin, "Resisting a shirtless Sirius Black, you really are a strange witch."
Hermione didn't bother telling him that she already had her heart on another wizard and this might be an important factor in him having no appeal on her.

It was noon by the time she was done with household chores and decided to take a stroll in the sun.

"Hermione" she turned at the sound of her name. Sirius Black was running behind her to keep up.

"Sirius?" She asked.

"I thought I could walk with you." He asked hesitating and Hermione's expression softened.

"Ofcourse you can."

"You know I can never digest the fact that you might know too much about us." He admitted.

"I know. And I would say it was good to be doubtful in these times if I didn't know you were already trusting a traitor." 

"What do you mean? Someone among us is working for Voldemort?" He looked at her in shock.