New Year New Me

*fake nickname for Gordy is the 👌(I couldn't think of a name... You can just make up some random nickname) emoji. The only people who don't know about it is Amber and Gordy.*

     It's finally here. The end if the worst year if my life. I have been through a lot but I'm not letting that stop me. Today I'm going to hang out with Kyla, Sophy, Amber, and Claire. Yeah that's right Claire flew out here just to spend New Years Eve and day with us. We started off by going to the mall and picking out a cute outfit for each of us.  "Hey you almost ready to go?" I yelled at Claire. "Yeah sorry one sec." I waited for Claire to head down stairs. "Okay I'm ready." She said while walking down the stairs. "Finally!" I sighed. "Mom we will be back in a bit with the rest of the girls." I said while opening the front door. "Okay see you girls later. Remember I have a date tonight so I won't be home until late." "Okay bye mom." "Bye!" We walked out the door and walked to the mall which was right down the street. "What took you guys so long?" Sophy asked. "Claire took forever. Sorry." "It's fine we just got here." Amber said. "Well let's get going!" We walked around the mall for a while. We saw this store that had  the best clothes so we decided to go in. We were in the store for probably an hour until we all found something to wear. Kyla got a black tight fitted long dress, Sophy got a short baby pink dress, Claire got a gold sequin short dress, Amber got a bright blue sort strapless dress, and I got a black shirt lace up in the back dress.

 Kyla got a black tight fitted long dress, Sophy got a short baby pink dress, Claire got a gold sequin short dress, Amber got a bright blue sort strapless dress, and I got a black shirt lace up in the back dress

After buying our dresses we went to the food court and all got pretzels and cheese

After buying our dresses we went to the food court and all got pretzels and cheese. We walked around outside until it was time to head to my house. When we got there we watched a few episodes of Stranger Things and then we decided to start a new tradition and write down one thing we want to forget or something that we want to let go of on a piece of paper and then we read it out loud then burn it. I decided to write down "I want to get over 👌" I read it out loud and everyone just smiled at me except Amber, she was really confused. We then burned our papers and then we started getting ready. We all put our dresses on and then did our hair and makeup. We all decided to wear leather jackets to match. I looked at the time and realized that we were running late. We were supposed to be at the boys house like right now. "Girls we were supposed to be at the G's house right now!" I said to all the girls. We all ran and grabbed our jackets and headed out the door. I had to finish my makeup so I asked Claire to grab my jacket.

*At the G's door*

"Hey Claire, where is my jacket?" "Huh?" "I asked you to grab my jacket." "Sorry I didn't hear you." Right as she said that Gus opened the doors "It's fine." I said quietly so only she heard.  "You girls are late." Gus said before kissing Kyla. "Yeah we tried to make ourselves look good and then we ended up being late." "It's fine." We then all walked in and went straight to the back yard, the first person I saw was Gordy. "Your not ever going to get over 👌 if you keep staring at him." Sophy said while walking up behind me. "I know but it's hard not to. His smile makes me happy and his laugh makes me smile. What am I supposed to do?" "Find someone else. Preferably someone that is single." "Yeah your right." "I know!" We both just laughed and then Sophy left to go talk to Claire. I kept catching myself looking over at Gordy and Amber hanging out laughing and talking. I really wish I was Amber. "Hey." I heard a fimiliar voice say. "Hey." I turned around to see Boston. I smiled at him and then a big gust of wind blew by. I at this point was shivering and had goose bumps. "Here." Boston said while taking off his jacket. "Oh, you don't have to" "Your cold and I'm not, so why not give you my jacket." "Thanks." I said while taking it from his hand. "You know you really should have brought a jacket." "I know. I had a leather jacket and I asked Claire if she could grab it for me but she didn't hear me so I now don't have a jacket." "Oh, well now you have mine." "Thanks again." "Of course." As I put of Boston's jacket I felt warmth, but not like warmth because it's a jacket. I don't know what it was. Boston and I talked for a while. We got to learn a lot about each other that we never thought we would learn. We also found out we had a lot more in common than we thought. This was the first time since Gordy and I kissed at 12 on New years that I wasn't thinking about Gordy. When I was in the hospital I was thinking about Gordy, when I was at home I was thinking about Gordy, and when I was sleeping I was thinking about Gordy. But being with Boston I didn't have to make myself feel bad because of what Amber and Gordy have. Finally it was 11:50 so we all stood next to each other waiting for the countdown. 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...0... Happy New Year! It's crazy to think that exactly a year ago, not even one minute more or less I was kissing Gordy, now I'm hugging Boston and seeing Gordy and Amber kiss. For once I was completely happy for them and not jealous. When Boston and I pulled away we looked at each other for a few moments and then...

(To be continued)