Upsetting news

"The doctor said you have a type of cancer in your stomach." When my mom said that I just closed my eyes and let go of Gordy's hand. I was trying not to cry but feeling the warmth of his hand made me want to cry even more. I then just couldn't hold back the tears a few drops trickled down my face. Gordy then knew exactly what I wanted. He told everyone to give me some space so everyone except my mom, my brother, and him left the room. It was really late anyways so mostly everyone gave me a hug and then went home. The only person who didn't leave was Gordy. My mom had to go home because my brother was too young to stay there all night and he couldn't stay home alone, and he didn't want to stay at anybody else's house not even at the De St Jeors house and he loves spending the night over there. 

                                                                       ---Few hours later---

Gordy ended up falling asleep in the chair next to me. So I had no one to talk to. I decided to write a song. Doing that made me really tired so I ended up going to sleep. When I woke up I realized I was alone. So I just assumed that Gordy went home. Just then he walks in with two cups of coffee. One for me and one for him, the doctor had told my mom who told Gordy that I needed to be up by 7:00 because I had my first chemotherapy treatment. So Gordy gave me the cup of coffee Gordy told me I needed to walk to the chemo room, and he said he would help me walk over there because I still was very weak. I stood up and slowly walked to the Chemo room and had my treatment. After my treatment I found out that I could go home so my mom drove over and picked me and Gordy up and we went home. My mom told Gordy to go home and get some rest and he could come over for diner if he wanted. He said he would come over for diner and then we could all watch some movies or do something. So the rest of the day we just relaxed and I would sometimes find my mom sitting alone crying so I would sit with her until I realized me being with her was making her think about the cancer more so I decided to just leave her even though it hurt seeing my mom sad.

Hey, so after this I am just skipping over a year you will understand why when the next chapter comes out. This chapter was short compared to the other chapters but it is because this chapter just takes place over the coarse of 2 days. Hope you guys are liking the book so far the next chapter will be out on Tuesday next week.