Horror

TW: Mentions of SA (Sexual Assault) in this chapter.

Artist of Chapter Image: Unknown

Source of Chapter Image: Pinterest

Character Origin of Chapter Image: Unknown

Disclaimer: I recognize the image to be art of a character created by someone else. I do not own rights to the artwork, nor do I seek to appropriate it as mine nor of my own mind. I simply include this work as reference for the likeness to my own OC of this story, since I do not currently have the skills to draw them myself nor the means to commission. Thank you :)

I smell fresh, clean, flowing water. I need to take a bath... That's it! I'll ask to take a bath, and then run away before I change! I strained my ears to pin point exactly where the stream was. Just a little ways east... Perfect. We had set up camp, and the sun was about to go down. I gathered fire wood and started a fire by clicking two stones together. I heard Rin's stomach growl, and looked over at her embarrassed face.

"Rin?" I addressed her. Sesshomaru opened one eye to watch us as he leaned against a tree. "Are you hungry?" I asked. She looked down and shuffled her feet. I dug around in my bag for the only delicacy that could curve hunger pangs, and after knocking around every possession I owned, I pulled out two ooey gooey cinnamon rolls. Her eyes popped open.

"What are those?!" She asked with wonderment.

"The most delicious inventions ever thought of in food history." I replied with a slight smirk. Her face lit up with excitement.

"Are they that good?!" She asked.

"The only food I eat." I said.

"How?!" She exclaimed. I shrugged and held it out to her. She was about to take it when Jaken interrupted.

"No, Rin!" He exclaimed causing her to jump. "Don't take it! She could have poisoned it!" He warned. I gave him a cold stare, and he hid behind Sesshomaru. "She's scary M'Lord!" He exclaimed. Sesshomaru gave Jaken the same cold stare, and this time he ran behind Ah-Un.

"You didn't poison it. . . Did you?" She asked with little faith.

"Do you want me to take the first bite?" I asked. She nodded. I smirked and took a bite. She watched anxiously as I sat there savoring the burst of intoxicating flavors.

"Too bad. I think I might just have to eat the whole thing now." I teased. She giggled and tackled me.

"No, no! Give it to me!" She said while flailing her arms in vain.

"Alright, alright!" I said as I pulled her off of me and set her on the ground.

"Here." I handed her the cinnamon roll. She took her first bight, and I watched as her face lit up in surprise.

"Wow!" She exclaimed. "I could live off these too!" She stated. I smirked.

"I'm afraid you still have to eat other things." I said as I patted her head.

"Awww, why?" She asked.

"Because you're still growing." I stated.

"But-"

"Rin." I cut her off with a nonchalant tone.

"Yes, Lady Star." She said dismayed.

"It's just Star." I said. "No need to be formal with me."

"Star." She repeated as she smiled. She went and leaned against Ah-Un wearily. I admired her cute face that reminded me so much of the Rin back home, and I felt a sort of nostalgic pain, missing her. I walked over to her now sleeping self and wrapped her in a blanket from Ah-Un's pouch.