Search for the Sword With a Hint of Insanity

TW: Mention of toxic relationship behaviors, mental illness, SH/A (Sexual Harassment/Assault), and sex/gender objectification in this chapter.

Artist of Chapter Image: Unknown

Source of Chapter Image: Pinterest

Character Origin of Chapter Image: Anime: Inuyasha

Disclaimer: I recognize the image to be art of a character created by someone else. I do not own rights to the artwork, nor do I seek to appropriate it as mine nor of my own mind. I simply include this work as reference for the characters of this story, since I do not currently have the skills to draw them myself nor the means to commission. Thank you :)

I woke up in a sense of déjà vu as I stroked the fluffiness my face was buried in. Damnit. . . Did it again. I can't keep letting him hold me like this. It's like he's getting what he wants, and I don't want him to feel satisfactory when he thinks I'm his possession. I am not a dog toy. I pushed myself away from the demon and grabbed the pail to fill it with water. I felt bad about falling asleep before getting Rin's water, and then what happened last night hit me like a ton of bricks. I begged him to kill me. . . How embarrassing. I felt my face heat up out of shame and embarrassment. Damn that spying demon. . . Just deal with it until we get the sword, then all is well.

I got back to Rin's hut to find her gone, and I followed her scent to the middle of the village. I left the pail there and made my way toward her. She was with that old priestess with the eye patch, and I saw Inuyasha and Kagome.

"Star!" Kagome ran up to me. "Are you all right?! Sesshomaru. . . And you were passed out. . . And – oh my god! You scared me!" She stammered.

"I'm fine." I said emotionlessly. "Unfortunately, I have to work with Sesshomaru."

She gasped.

"What?!" Inuyasha exclaimed angrily. "I'll kill him!" He bellowed.

"No." I said flatly. "It's cool. It's my fault anyway." I said.

"Please, fill us in." I heard a familiar voice say. I turned around to see two semi-familiar faces, and my eyes widened.

"N-no." I stammered. "M-m-miroku? S-s-sango??" A flashback played in my mind of the news broadcast that day, when I'd realized my other self had killed Sheriff Miroku. His girlfriend, Sango, must have been so distraught. My heart dropped. What if that's a sign. . . What if I kill this era's Miroku?! "S-stay away!" I staggered backwards with my hands in front of me.

"What's wrong?!" Sango exclaimed as she tried to console me. I backed away before she could touch me.

"Have we met before?" Miroku asked confusedly. Sango sent him a threatening glare.

"I-I," I stammered. I decided to calm myself as I would have to explain what was really going on. I took a deep breath.

"Star?" Kagome asked worriedly.